Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.3)

※ ※ ※

Gran Elver who Blesses innocent girl and elf... Sigh, called you so many times today, I feel very sorry. But for this girl on my back, what do you think? You actually gave her such a reckless heart, that she gulped like that?

Carrying Jamini to walk on the road in the woods, I gotta use all my strength.

Karl's cinder is tasty, but it's really strong. It tasted like apple juice, so it's lucky that Jamini didn't pass out in Karl's house. I can't say that I am fully sober too. I am trying hard not to let Jamini fall, walking ricketily.

The sun had already gone long ago, now it's completely dark in the forest. Because it's the forest I've been playing around since childhood, even I'm a bit drunk, I can still find my way with confidence. But it's really tough. Especially Jamini on my back utters some  "Hee hee hee hee" ghost laughter from time to time, that annoys me, to an intolerable extent.

"Hee hee hee hee hee hee!"

"Don't laugh!"

"Meow, funny, meow~"

"What?"

"Don't know. Just Funny. Hee Hee!"

Ahhhhhhh! This girl! Should I just drop her here? Hell cares where wolves will come. Jamini then pulled my ears and said:

"Put me down!"

"You should go home immediately, get some cool water and then sleep."

"I would certainly be killed if I go back like this."

Uh-huh. This is true. It should be better to go back when we are sober. I put down Jamini, then fell to the ground like collapsed. Jamini also approached to me, and two of us sat side by side under a tree.

"Hey! After 10 years old, did you only gain weight but not height?"

My whole body is sticky because of my sweat. My face was sticked with a leaf, so I took it away. Jamini relied on me, and raised my arm, put it on her shoulder naturally. In other words, she drilled under my armpit.

"Jamini, cold?"

"Hee hee hee hee hee!"

"......"

When I cursed towards the sky without opening my mouth, she said in my armpit:

"So funny. Meow. That Dragon-Raja."

"What's funny?"

Of course, the answer was definitely not from my armpit.

"Isn't that funny?"

"What is funny actually? "

"Funny yeah!"

"...Look! What is that in front of us?"

"Mammy!"

Since childhood, every time Jamini sees the old dog of our thane yawning on the main road of the village, she always jumps into me like this. I smiled, While Jamini is having tears in her eyes, as if she doesn't know what happened, and looked at me drowsily.

"This is more funny, right?"

"Huchi Nedval! You!"

"You are sober all a sudden huh?"

Jamini sighed a breath of apple flavor, and then sat away from me. But soon after that, when a sound came from the forest, she immediately closed by again.

"There...What is that?"

"Ah that. That's wind."

"Do you think I can't recognize whether it's wind?"

I looked at Jamini with appalled eyes. Although she is a coward who doesn't leave her house after evening, she is absolutely the daughter of the Forest Guard. Getting birth, growing up in the forest, if she said it's not wind, it's not.

Her guess is correct. After a while, it feels like that something's lighted up. We can also hear human voice, Footsteps, murmurs, and tinkles.

The last sound means the sound emitted when a person wearing a sword is walking.

I stood up swiftly. But I'm wrong. Now I am dizzy, my legs are uncontrollable. I leaned a tree and managed not to fall. Jamini also stood up, and hid behind me. I let her stand in the middle of the tree and me, and then observed the front. I can see there are firelight flickering in the woods. Clearly there is a group of people with torches, walking inside the forest.

"Could...Could those be bandits?"

I tribute my highest respect to Jamini's imagination.

"That's a whole new level of brigands. Their name is The Torch Clan?"

Holding such a bright torch, making random noises, even if the sun rises from the west, those people will not be brigands. After Jamini got my words, her expression eased a bit. 

Hum. This is the forest of our thane, behind me is the daughter of our thane's forest guard, for me, as long as these people are not bandits, I don't have to be afraid...

"Hey, we are dead if we got found!"

"Huh?"

"Aren't we both drunk? If this were told to your parents ..."

"Ohhhh!"

Jamini is immediately ready to climb the tree. Come on, how did she come up with such an idea? Like what I thought, though Jamini is drunk, she would eventually realize that she cannot climb on it.

And she actually realized after she fell to the ground in the ass and screamed. God, blessing pure girl and elf...  I really can't stand it anymore.

"Who was that!?"

Now we hear rapid footsteps exactly accompanied by the sound they pull their swords out from sheaths.

Once we heard the sound of steel, we were like frozen, not dare to move a thread. By the moment, we are surrounded by soldiers holding torch and long sword.

"Wandering around the forest of our thane in the middle of a night, what are you - Hey, how is it? Huchi, Jamini!?"

Jamini and I had no alternative, but to response with the most appropriate attitude in this case.

"Hehehe..."

These people are all soldiers of our thane, wearing hard leather cover. They are all showing a ridiculous expression, putting their swords back in the scabbard. Their leader Sanson Percival came over and jeered. He is the son of the town blacksmith, now a guards captain,  very close to I, the son of candle maker who has to go to the castle and contribute candles. Although he is 10 years older than me, not only with a sword, but also command of soldiers, his heart has no slightest difference from mine, he is still a naughty boy.

He smiled and came up to me, and then suddenly frowned.

"Huh? What's wrong? You've been drinking?"

"Hey Hey Hey Hey ......"

Sanson looked at Jamini and me alternatively, then he made a strange smile, which made me very disturbed.

"Ah. Huchi. So you began to engage in these things. Where did you get the money, and go to buy the drinks? Is this the power of love, or power of desire? Anyway, you finally got the wine, then fuddled Jamini. You are really timid! Seems that if you did not make her drunk, you wouldn't get the confidence?"

"This is a misunderstanding!"

No one heard Jamini's roar, because the soldiers' laughter covered it. This is not done yet, I can't let it go. I have made my mind. This time I have to make Sanson disturbed. The strange smile on Sanson's face shortly before, is now emerged on mine.

"The Grind sound of The Waterwheel Mill Outside the Town is Really Loud..."

Sanson interrupted me immediately.

"Dangerous night, why are you lingering out there? Hum, go home now!"

"Today There is Again a Young Girl, Avoids Sights of People, Goes to the Mill."

"Huchi!"

This time the soldiers laughed at Sanson. Some of them even came up and said to me, with a sincere tone:

"Continue... Please."

"Girl in the Moonlight, Those Familiar Footsteps."

Sanson wanted to rushed me, but the soldiers immediately blocked him. Sanson is stamping the ground, but three soldiers has grabbed him tightly, they are even laughing.

"This is rebellion! Let go!"

"Interesting. You are noisy. Sanson, isn't that a nice song?" 

Ah. The discipline of our guards is really strict.

"Breeze Whisks by the Girl, Brings Along Familiar Aroma."

"Huchi! Bastard! Mom! Dad! Grandpa!"

I pretended that I didn't hear the anxious cry of Sanson, and continued singing. Now even Jamini is laughing at Sanson. The soldiers are slurping. Perhaps because of the drink, my mouth is crazier than usual.

"Is that Aroma of Dishes from the Kitchen, Aroma of Soaps from the Laundry, or Aroma of Wine from the Vault?"

"Is she Margaret of the kitchen? When it comes to laundry, it must be Ann with blonde hair. Speaking of vault, could she be that Katlantis?"

The soldiers immediately began to exchange opinions. I believe that even during the Glorious Seven Weeks Battles, the operational meetings held between King Rhuterino and the Eight Stars, were not as enthusiastic as the discussion here. I purposely continued to sing the song.

"It has to be one of those three! That....That aroma is..."

The soldiers is staring at me with hasty breath, while Sanson's complexion is turning green and white, looking like he is going to cry. I probably can't get near Sanson for a month after this. Nonetheless:

"Huh? What is that aroma?"

The soldiers all made a puzzled expression, but it had nothing to do with me. That is a clear and unique, yet familiar flavor. Then Jamini blinked and said:

"It's like flowers... but I don't know what kind of flower?"

The soldiers are not quite sure about the situation and looking at each other.

"It could be the smell of my body."

A child around 6 or 7 years old passed through the woods, and came toward us. Although I am a little drunk, I can still feel that this kid is a bit familiar. Compared to me, Jamini clearly recognized who this man is.

"Dragon-Raja!"

※ 

The arrival of a group of extraordinary people broke the tranquility of the town. And what surprised people  is that there is another creature in the group: White Dragon. Her master rides a white horse and walks next to the White Dragon. He looks very young, may be less than 10.

Suddenly someone broke the silence with a loud voice:

"He is the Dragon-Raja."



Coming from out the woods, the Dragon-Raja showed an embarrassed smile, the soldiers didn't recall their mission until the moment. Sanson is finally released:

"Sir Hustheil, didn't I say please don't come here?"

Dragon-Raja made a wry, replied:

"I heard songs and laughter... Doesn't seem dangerous."

I gazed at the child. During the day he was riding a great white horse, which makes people worrying that he would fall off any time. But now he is dressing casually, looking like a normal child with nothing special. No, should say even provocative eyes which can be found on same aged, cannot be found on him. You can even tell that he is a timid kid. For me, I can absolutely not recognize that he is the boy in the day, but Jamini has very sharp eyes, she pointed it out within a glance.

Sanson nodded, said:

"That's correct. Right! Huchi and Jamini go home now! "

I hesitated and turned around, a few soldiers sighed because they cannot continue to get the secret gossip I broke. However, Jamini walked forwards and asked:

"But what do you come to do in the night?"

Sanson looked at Jamini, and made the expression that he suddenly remembered something.

"Ah! Yes! Jamini, with your help it's good."

"Huh?"

"We are now looking for mint. It is really difficult to find it at night."

"Hey, why look for mint ... Ah! The flavor is actually of mint!"

The moment Jamini spoke, I also noticed. The smell from the Dragon-Raja is mint flavor.

But why would a human body spread the smell? It's possible if we are talking about our thane who eats mint everyday. When our thane eats meat, he usually uses mint as a spice. Because he doesn't have much money, his personality is also not picky, so he doesn't use high class spices like cinnamon or cloves, but mint instead. Anyway, you must remove the fishy smell before you have dishes with meat.

Dragon-Raja heard Jamini, then a joy smile emerged on his face, said:

"Big sister, do you know where is the mint?"

The soldiers got a bit flustered at the moment, Dragon-Raja himself then startled a bit also. Of course, I was astounded too. A Dragon-Raja is actually talking to a civilian with such a cordial tone. But the drunk Jamini didn't seem to notice that.

"Well, blah, of course I know. Because my dad is the Forest Guard..., Sir Hustheil Your Excellency."

Fortunately Jamini still has certain degree of vigilance. Dragon-Raja is as if trying to conceal his own slip of the tongue, turned his line of sight to somewhere else:

"If that's the case, you would be helpful to these soldiers."

Sanson stood out quickly.

"This is for the White Dragon Cathselprime's meal. We have already digged out all the mint in the town, still not enough. So we hurriedly came out and find"

Oh my god, there is actually such a thing!

This dragon seems to be not willing to eat unless mint is added into the meal. If human hates the smell, forcing dragons to like it is indeed non-justifiable. But if it's the amount for a dragon to eat, that is going to be an incredible amount of mint. Soldiers in the castle only came here because they might have to prepare the spices for the dragon's meal. It's really an awkward thing.

Jamini also made a dumbfounding expression.

"Mint, there are many in the Savannah Valley."

"Oh really? That would be great. Lead the way please."

Jamini is getting uncomfortable. This girl even with so many soldiers counterparts, she does not dare go to Savannah Valley at night. Maybe on the half way, she would scream because of stepping on something, and quickly run back. Really no way to take her.

"I'll take you there. I know that place."

I stood out, Sanson showed a "Great!" expression.

"You'll lead us the way? Great. Then Jamini should go home first."

Jamini is simply going to cry. Alcohol can now be smelled all over her mouth, if go back like this, her mother would surely "dote" her a bit. Her ass must be slapped to red and swollen.

※ ※ ※

2 comments: