Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Friday, August 24, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.16)

We went to the tragedy scene caused by Balrog, collected the taurens corpses to incineration, and packed up their weapons. The taurens' poleaxes for human are a bit too huge, so we'll probably only keep a few as trophies, and put the rest to the furnace to melt and reuse. The tauren bodies are very large, so they burnt for a while, until almost every villagers visited, the fire was finally completely extinguished.

By the way there is one good thing: I became a hero in the eyes of the youths in the village. I don't know how the news spread out, anyway, I have became a warrior who risked his life to protect Tyburn, when he was casting a spell and totally vulnerable. Never mind, this is not wrong. But even if the sun rose from the west, it's impossible for me to block ten poleaxes flying like raining, isn't it a matter of course? (Do I have ten arms?) However, people listened believe these words.

Jamini suddenly entered a state of emergency. The girls want to get close to me all day, so Jamini always put on a distressed face, kept following me. In fact, I don't have any spare time to spend on those girls around.

"What should I ask from Tyburn? Tell him to make a candle making magic machine?"

"Huchi... that sucks, right?"

Jamini's right. Ah, this really is a problem. Although Tyburn promised to achieve one of my wishes, what wish should I tell him? Jamini presented her views.

"Don't think too much. What about money?"

"Money? No. That sounds not handsome enough. How can there be a warrior rescued princess asks for money?"

"That's just stories."

"Not good. Anything else? Ask him to turn my sword into a magic sword?"

"That's just stories too. Why would you need a magic sword?"

"Huh? Is that so?"

I thought about it, even if I had a magic sword, looks like I would have nothing in particular to do with it. I am only a future candle maker of Heltant fief, will probably take over father's seat, and continue to pay candles to the thane and his descendants. If bad luck, I might get married with Jamini, and will later teach my children to make candles, and spend the rest of my life like that. In any case, there is no room for a magic sword.

"Ahhh! Don't know, just tell him to make my strength stronger!"

Jamini looked at me with a puzzled expression. I shrugged and said:

"If with big strength, isn't that very convenient? No matter moving things or delivering candles will be easy, there should be no harm at all right? Even if that's not the case, I just feel that doing push-ups is too annoying."

"But... This seems too animal."

"Really? So? Aren't you an animal?"

"What do you mean?"

I find it very annoying to keep thinking, so now I've came up with a pretty good idea, I began to feel very happy. Then I ran to Sinderilla's Song with Jamini, to find Tyburn sitting there. Tyburn heard my wish, first he laughed for a while.

"What's the reason?"

"Good for moving things, good for work too."

Tyburn heard my reasons, laughed for another while again. What's so funny? Tyburn laughed so hard that his tears almost flown out,  then called me to bring his bag over. I gave him the bag, he opened it and began rummaging inside. Tyburn was just relying on his fingertip tactile, easily found the thing he was looking for.

"Take it."

While he was speaking, he put a pair of strange shaped gloves on the table. What is this? I thought he would give me some magic drugs, how would he give me gloves? The gloves are made of black leather, and the upper part of the back of the hand is linked with the palm part with silver metal rings, they wrapped the surface without any gap. Besides the back and palm linked by the metal rings, the other parts allow free activities. Looks like it's unlike Knight's iron gloves which is very inconvenient for activities. Everyone around are watching curiously, I put the gloves on.

I don't feel any difference. I tried to clench my fists and then relaxed, but besides the feeling of wearing gloves, there was nothing special. I asked Tyburn:

"What is this? Looks like nothing is different after wearing it?"

Tyburn laughed, asked Jamini to bring a firewood from the heap in the tavern corner. Jamini handed a firewood to Tyburn, Tyburn immediately gave it to me, said:

"You try to pull it from both sides."

What does this mean? Not asking me to hack, but to pull. I am confused, then took the firewood, pulled from both sides. The firewood was actually immediately broken into two parts.

"Eeee?"

Auntie Hanna said admiringly. I can't believe what I've just done, so I am looking at the two firewood pieces on my hands.

"This, this, how is this possible?"

"Hehe, try to clench you fists now."

Tyburn said. I blankly spent some power on my hands. Snapp! The firewood was instantly broken into pieces like toothpicks. I crushed the wood into these toothpicks.

"Huh?"

Jamini said admiringly. Everyone around with an incredible expression came to see those small firewood sticks. One of a drinker with a puzzled expression, gave me his bronze cup.

"Huchi, this, try to pull it from both sides."

"No!"

Auntie Hanna wanted to stop me, but it was too late. I've already pulled the cup into two halves. To tear this bronze cup, is just as easy as cuting apples. The drinkers who saw this instantly turned to a surprised expression, began to forcibly pull their cups. No way, wine cup is not a piece of cloth, it's absolutely impossible to split it into two halves. It might be possible to drop or use a hammer to knock, to make it deflated, but it is absolutely impossible to correctly divide it into half.

But I did it!

"How is this... This is monster skin like gloves..."

"You have to remember, this can only increase your physical strength. It has nothing to do with health or energy. So even if you are wearing it, there is no way to please all those girls."

I made a face of disappointment, immediately got pinched by Jamini. Jamini immediately desperately shouted:

'Tyburn!"

"Okay okay I know. Anyway, this is like what Huchi you said, it's good for moving things. From now on, your arm strength is strong enough to pull out the heart of a live bear, so be careful. Don't be stupid enough to grasp bread  into powder, and leave yourself starved. Remember to take them off when you eat. "

"Ah, yes... But this is a very precious thing, isn't it?"

"No matter how precious is it, can it be compared to my life? Don't feel any burden, just take it."

"You tell me to take it? You won't take it back right? In the name of Upinel..."

"And Helkanes, I swear. Okay? Ah, really, although I promised a lot of people to achieve their wishes, someone telling me such a ridiculously pure wish, this is really the first time."

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

"Let me help!"

"Then thank you!"

"Do you need some help?"

"Here! This is it!"

I started running around in the village, helping others with my great strength. From moving trees to installing pillars in construction site , as well as drawing water from wells, I helped on everything.

But I haven't learned how to control my strength. When I wanted to pick up a wood, the wood was grapped into pieces. They called me to insert the pillars into the ground, I plugged, the whole pillar was buried under the ground, we couldn't even see it anymore. I wanted to draw water, once I pulled the rope, the bucket was like jumping up, flew up too high, and the water was splashed on the people all around.

"Huchi! I beg you, can you please stop wearing that pair of gloves?"

This request is too harsh for me. Actually telling me to stop doing such a fun thing. But one time, I wanted to coax a crying baby, I just gently lifted him into the sky, he flew to heaven like a hundred cubits high, and I finally managed to catch the baby, the result was almost got murdered by his mother. After this incident, I had to take off the gloves unwillingly.

"Poof Ha ha ha!"

On that night, Tyburn laughed loudly inside Sinderilla's Song. Because I sadly reported to him what happened on that day. The drunkards beside are also laughing.

"Gosh, this joke is killing me. Hee hee hee hee hee!"

Tyburn looks even want to roll on the floor. I said angrily:

"Can't this stuff adjust its strength?"

"Dude. Adjusting strength has to be experienced by yourself. If someone increase his strength through training, he will learn how to adjust his strength during the training. But you got such a great strength without any effort, so it would be tough for a while."

Hmm. That sounds reasonable. I nodded.

"I can understand. But the problem is, If I want to experience how to adjust my strength, then I should continue using my strength, but every time I use it, something will always go wrong."

"You lad, because you're brain-dead, so you kept doing those things which would go wrong. Really can't take you. If this goes on, the whole village will be destroyed by you, I'll start helping you from tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment