Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.10)

Whistles. Whistles.

I'm on the way to the castle to see Deacon Hamel. I've made one hundred candles, but that is only my hedge, I don't know how much actually they need. Of course, I can't keep making unconditionally, so I must see Deacon Hamel, or the never met "Operational Commander". But I don't want to recklessly talk to the combatant commanders directly, so it's better for me to find Deacon Hamel to ask them for me.

Whistles. Whistles.

And in addition, I have something else to do. Dad practiced his spear for just two days, now he is lying on his bed, this should also be reported to them. This is definitely not caused by me, I didn't beat him. It's because Dad practiced too hard, so his limbs began to ache. I didn't even try to say anything to comfort him though.

Whistles. Whistles.

Looks like every time I came to the village main road,  the atmosphere here would change, this time I see a lot of vehicles around. Besides my candles, there should be a variety of items need to be prepared for a war. A famous tale said: As Zypern soldiers didn't prepare spoons and knifes, so they starved to death. Of course, I guess in Zypern they must have the same story, only the name of the protagonist would be changed to Vyseus soldiers. How could there be such an idiot army in the world.

Whistles. Whistles.

Although it's just my guess, but the most troublesome one in all the items should be Cathselprime's food. According to news came from the castle, Cathselprime eats five cattle for a meal. Really nonsense. Our thane has just totally ten cattle. If she eats like this, then cattle in our village has probably already extincted. Looking at the passing carriages, they should be carrying a lot of meat. The mint added to the meat inside should be the numerous too? Hehe.

Whistles. Screams.

"What...What the...?"

Because of the sudden screams, I had to stop whistling. The screams are coming from the rear. I quickly turned my head. I see people hastily running, behind there is a woman seriously injured, supported by some men and stumbling forward. One of the men found that this doesn't look good so he put the woman on his back and started to run. The remaining three men then quickly turn back.

I carefully went over and watched. But one of the men saw me.

"Hey, what are you doing! Quickly escape, run!"

"What happned?"

"I don't have time to explain to you, Go! Ah! Go to find the soldiers!"

The man turned away again. At the moment, I knew what happened, but also realized that these men are already ready to die. I turned around and ran into a shop beside.

"Shit! Bring this!"

I found some rakes and pickaxes from the blacksmith shop, threw them to the men. When those farm tools fell to the ground and bounced, they issued harsh noises. Those men smiles and picked up the tools. Whenever this happens, the people of our village would shout a line, and I shouted as usual.

"Any last words?"

Hearing what I said, I myself winced. In fact it's the first time I shouted that. These men showed a face that looks like they want to praise me, smiled and said:

"I've already said, so no. That woman injured is my wife!"

"Please tell Sophia, I am sorry, I cannot comply my promise to her."

"Tell Jack, as what we agreed, tell him please take care of my mom."

These men said quickly. I nodded, then ran away without looking back.

It should be a monster invasion. But what kind of monster is it? Ah, almost forgot! Tell Sophia no way to comply, I am sorry. Tell Jack, take care of his mother as agreed. The man might previously agreed with Jack , who shall die first, another has to take care of each other's mother. I suddenly found that I don't know their names yet. But it doesn't matter. Wait until the end of the incident, if I'm not dead, I will keep hearing their names, to an annoying extent. I don't want to see these people's families shouting their names.

Shit!

Amurtaat, it all because of you, Amurtaat, it's all your fault!

What, you said it's because of Amurtaat, so the survivors here are strong? Damn, stop kidding! You said because we have been psychologically ready for death at any time, so we can smile in the last minute, this is called strong? This is simply worthless!

"Uh, ah!"

I almost slowed down my pace because of the dying screams coming from behind, even to a point that knees are numb and can not run. But no. I am dead if I don't run. I was almost like leaning on the ground to run. At this time;

"Watch out! Huchi!"

I could see something. Weird. Is is because of my tears? What is that thing?

"Sanson!"

I dodged to one side. Sanson pulled his arm to his back, running towards me, and then shot a javelin. Now I clearly see him that because the large momentum, he continued to move forward unsteadily for a few steps. The javelin is flying with terrible speed.

A sound came. A sound of piercing something. A sound of javelin piercing through the flesh and blood.

"Ga lahh lahhhhh!"

Strange screams. That is not a human. I sat on the ground and looked back, I saw a huge body, but my view was immediately blocked. Sanson charged towards that body and stab its belly with his long sword. Above Sanson's shoulder, I can see a broader shoulder and a strange helmet, and a terrifying stone ax aloft. That is a troll. Although the troll's mouth is bleeding, its raised his arm is still violently blowing downwards. But with the stone ax it can never touch Sanson who is already close to its chest, so the troll's action becomes ridiculous. And because of this, the two of them are still close together, and Sanson continued to push forward.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Sanson pushed his sword into the troll body again and continued to forge. The troll's ax fell to the ground, it continued to get pushed hardly. Sanson who has his sworded plugged in the monster, now really gives me a feeling that he has no difference from an Ogre. After about 20 cubits, Sanson pushed his arms violently. Due to the acceleration of the running, the sword is pulled off from the troll, the troll rolled to the ground. In order to stop the troll from regenerating, Sanson chopped its neck several times, then quickly wiped off the flesh and blood on his face, and then looked at me.

"How many are there? "

"I don't know!"

"Then hide quickly!"

I got up and looked at Sanson with a squat posture. Sanson is only looking at the front. Why is he alone? What are his men doing? When I am thinking of this question, a group of people flocked in front of me. It is a group of soldiers. Their presence seems to refute my earlier idea. That six soldiers are standing around Sanson. Sanson said immediately:

"Trolls. One left... Damn! More! "

A lot of trolls appeared in front. Some not them are not holding stone axes. Pickaxe, shovel, rake. Didn't I throw these things to those men? Damn! I rudely rubbed my eyes.

A total of nine trolls appeared. After they saw the soldiers in front of them, they immediately stopped advancing, formed a line in their position. Temporarily entered the confrontation, Sanson seems to be worried. Start to gang fight? The figures are 9 to 7. It's a bit adverse, but still worth a try. However, it not necessary to do this.

"Retreat!"

The soldiers turned back and began to run without looking back. What! I can only hurry up and escape. I can understand the idea of Sanson. Yes we might win, but it would certainly be a large number of casualty. The number of soldiers of our village is often insufficient, once someone died it's very difficult to fill the position again. So he intended to lure those monsters, until the soldiers in the castle join.

Although the trolls were a bit panic, but when they saw the humans in front began to escape, they started to chase instinctively.

"Gah lah lah! Ji ahhh"

I am also running instinctively. The footsteps of the soldiers and the cries of the trolls behind are almost driving me crazy, I suddenly feel like fire is burning inside my chest. Fingertips started losing feeling, and also I can't feel my feet on the ground. But the strange thing is my legs are still moving.

"Ouch!"

I bumped into something and rolled on the ground for a while. Oh, what is this guy looking at, actually not escaping under this situation, and bumped into me? I only know a person who is that stupid.

That is...

"Jamini!"

Jamini seems didn't find herself fallen. After she screamed, she is just watching the trolls rushing in. Hic. Hic. What? Hiccuping?

Jamini is hiccuping, while sitting there blankly. Gu!

"Get up! Hey, you girl, wake up!"

I forcibly pulled Jamini up. God, is she this heavy? Jamini lost all her strength, It's not simple to pull up a paralyzed person like this, I almost fell forward, finally got Jamini up. At this moment, I made an eye contact with Sanson, said tragically:

"Please take care of Jamini. My last words are, although you've been bullied me since I was born,  however..."

Whack! Ouch, my head! Sanson charged to the trolls and shouted:

"Just a little boy, why imitate such a thing!"

Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack!

Looks like I will not be killed by a troll, but by them... when the remaining six soldiers passed by me, each of them slapped my head. The soldiers all ran to the trolls. Just run, why slap me?

Because I was slapped badly, so my arm strength naturally relaxed, Jamini then gently slipped down. I am alarmed, again pulled up Jamini. A melee battle is playing in front of us, how could she abuse me like this? This clearly is an abuse. I am snorting, trying to get Jamini on my back, but that just makes me realize that, putting a 17-year-old paralyzed girl on the back alone is not easy. Then suddenly someone from behind helped to lift Jamini, he touched my back, then correctly carried Jamini to the appropriate position.

"Ah, thanks....ah!"

It is not funny, that who lifted Jamini is actually the man who wears a black robe, and is full of tattoos. He is the wizard named Tyburn. His eyes couldn't see, how did he help to lift Jamini? Ah, he touched my back. Tyburn's white eyeballs are moving, quickly said:

"Are they trolls? "

"Yes, you, you are a wizard right? You quickly blow those monsters away! "

"I've heard this voice. You are the blind young man with fine eyes on that day, right? Hey, Huchi, you need to know, you must be able to see, in order to do something like blowing those monsters away."

"Damn! What's the use of this kind of wizard..."

"What about you be my eyes."

I don't want to let Jamini fall, so staggered to find my balance, and then said:

"What did you say?"

"Distance and direction. Fast! "

What do that do? But then a scream came again.

"Uh!"

The leg of one of the soldiers was hit by the iron rake and he fell. That is the eldest one of the brewery's four brothers, Turner. The troll hit him raised its iron rake aloft. Sanson who was blocking a stick of another troll immediately slided his long sword, stabbed the shoulder of the troll taking the iron rake. Turner took the advantage of the troll's wound and stood up. He again grabbed his sword, cried out:

"The price of me, Turner's life,  is three lives of you!"

At the moment I am panicked, I don't know what to do. At this time Tyburn said:

"I've got the direction. Sound really bad. Distance? "

"A....About thirty cubits, but the two sides are mixed..."

"OK!"

Tyburn correctly raised a hand towards the direction where the trolls and the soldiers are fighting. Within a glance, the tattoos on his arm started to emit light. What's going on? The tattoo light became stronger and stronger, after a while, even the tattoos on his neck and cheek started to shine.

Tyburn smiled and said:

"I engraved incantations on my body, use the body as a spell book. You are watching a rare thing."

"What, what?"

Tyburn didn't answer, but began to mutter some strange words that I can't understand. Although I don't know what that is, he read really fast. Won't him bite his own tongue? He suddenly waved his arm upwards to the sky and shouted:

"Detect Metal."

"Protect from Magic."

"Reverse Gravity!"

"Woo ah ah ah!"

"Gah lahhhhh?!"

Thanks to my scared ass fell to the ground, Jamini fell down also. Even the soldiers are all panic, then trolls that got directly hit by the spell, how panic are they?

The trolls are suddenly floating upwards. The soldiers did not float at all. Tyburn can't see, how did he do that? However, three of the trolls did not float also.

Those trolls are showing a panic expression (Maybe, to be honest, I am not confident enough to say that I can correctly describe the expression of trolls) looking at their partners flying to the sky. Sanson is also showing an expression of surprised, although his expression did not disappear, he still started to charge towards the remaining three trolls. The trolls wanted to stop Sanson with the shovel and pickaxe on their hands, but those are not even weapons, so they are a bit slow. Sanson's sword cleverly bounced away the shovel, the shovel then blocked the pickaxe, Sanson took the chance and slashed the belly of the monster with the pickaxe. Then the soldiers recovered from the surprise all joined the battle. The rest of the trolls are still flying up... The troll with the iron rake was stabbed by four long swords simultaneously, fell to the ground and squirting blood. The soldiers kept blunting those evil-look, fallen trolls. Flesh and blood splashed everywhere, stained on the faces of the soldiers. This is not because of their hatred, but because killing these trolls which can regenerate, you must continue until they completely expire.

Now Tyburn is still holding his hand towards the sky. He asked with a surprised expression:

"Why? Failed? Why I can still hear the sound of fighting?"

I continued to sit on the ground and said:

"Ah, most of them are flying, but three did not fly."

"Three? What are they holding with their hands? "

"Huh? Ah, pickaxe, rake, shovel..."

Then I understand.

The monsters with metal weapons didn't fly, all flying are hodling troll special weapons stone axes. The soldiers are holding swords, wearing armor, so they are holding metal weapons. Tyburn used another hand he didn't lift to hit his own head, said:

"Aye, why didn't I think of that! Speaking of trolls, I thought they only got stone axes. How is it now? The remaining three?"

"All, all are down."

"Then it's fine. Dear soldiers, please come over here."

The soldiers began to back off with the expression of fear, then Tyburn put down his raised arm. Now the trolls who are already in a very high attitude started falling. When I was talking to Tyburn, the trolls had flown to the height which is no longer visible, so the falling would take a lot of time.

"Gah lah lahhhh!!!!"

Whack! Pop! Pop! Whack!Whack!Whack!Whack, Pop!

I don't even want to describe the scene. I was terrified, I hardly managed to cover Jamini's eyes. So I had no way to cover my own. Oh Idiot! Just close my eyes would be fine? But before I could think of it, the trolls broken limbs pieces have already splashed all over the place. If they are now this fragmented, they won't be able to use their regenerate ability. Tyburn laughed.

"This sounds really loud. Ha. Sometimes blind is a good thing."

Sanson with an awe face came over and greeted him. Sanson found that Tyburn is a blind man, however he still bowed faithfully. His voice also trembled a little.

"I, I am Sanson Percival. I am the... the Guard Captain of Heltant Fief. This wizard is..."

"Tyburn. I am a wanderer. Things ended?"

"Huh, huh?"

"Any more monsters?"

"Ah!"

Sanson quickly turned and said:

"Search if there are any more trolls invaded! Should be in the granary. Check the warehouse in the village, check the farms on the outskirts! And Haley, take care of Turner. "

The soldiers started to move, Haley is helping Turner whose leg is injured. Turner probably just lost his tension, and began to moan. Tyburn said:

"A soldier is hurt? Bring him to me."

Sanson showed a bewildered face, but still obediently took Turner over. Tyburn allowed Turner to sit down and began searching on his body. His hands wavered quickly, and finally stopped on the wound on Turner's leg.

"Here right."

Tyburn just said. But a moment later, Tyburn's hands flashed a little light, then Turner's wound stopped bleeding. After cleaning the blood, there is no more wound on Turner's leg.

Sanson is half amazed,  half scared, anyway, using a strange face looking at Tyburn.

"Ah, thanks, thank you, Tyburn."

"You're welcome, this is not anything terrific, don't put it on your mind. Although the wound has been healed, within a few days, you have to avoid doing intense actions."

"Ah, okay. Really appreciate it ..."

"Why don't you listen! I have already cured him, why are you still here and not to perform your tasks! What are you doing here? Do you want stay here, until all the people get killed by the trolls?"

"Yes!"

The scared Sanson paid him a salute. The soldiers then scattered away hastily.

"Hey, we should also go and see? Please take me to the granary."

Tyburn seems to want to follow the soldiers. I grabbed Tyburn.

"Well, Tyburn, this girl also seems strange."

"Well?"

I pointed to the one who was dropped on the ground by me and then kept sitting on the ground, burping with a blank face, Jamini. But I immediately remembered that Tyburn can't see, so I then explained to him in words.

"Not long ago she saw the trolls charging in, then she began to sit still there and just kept burping. As if her soul has flown to somewhere."

Tyburn jeered.

"So you know it well? Right. Her soul has run away."

"What should we do?"

Tyburn raised his hand, tried to touch Jamini's face. But she doesn't seem to feel it, is still sitting there. I am worried to a unbearable extent. Tyburn said:

"Your girlfriend?"

"Don't ask useless questions, can you help?"

"If she is your girlfriend, it would be easier."

"Huh?"

"Traditionally isn't there a way, to wake a fainted girl?"

"...Are you saying a sleeping girl?"

"Fainting or sleeping are both OK. "

Tyburn made me bothered. "Do I have to kiss Jamini? Although Tyburn can't see..." However, after he giggled a few times, moved his fingers in front of Jamini eyes and snapped for a few times, Jamini stopped burping, began to moan.

"Hmm.... Ahh! Trolls!"

What I completely can't understand is, how did Jamini precisely bypassed Tyburn in front of her, jumped into my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment