Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.18)

"Oh! Noble Lady Jamini's Admirer, Knight Huchi!"

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh!"

I actually charged into those kids in the village, even I feel myself very outrageous. The problem is my mouth. Why did I shout that name? Probably within three months, I would be called the Noble Lady Jamini's Admirer Knight Huchi.

I saw Karl walked out from the bookstore. He raised his hand and said to me: "Hey, Knight Huchi!"

...It might be for my entire life.

"Karl! Don't say that!"

"Well, are you denying the truth you shouted in your last minutes?"

"At that minute I was crazy! My brain was burned out! No, you know, people with such a stupid mind like me, sometimes would say something inexplicable."

Do I have to belittle myself like this? Karl smiled slightly, and said to Tyburn behind me:

"How are you, Tyburn. Today you are going to continue that kind of training? Then I would also like to watch."

"Come if you want to watch. Don't you see the large group of people behind us?"

That is true. A large crowd of villagers is behind us.

The fall harvest was over, so the people in the village don't have much to do, hence my training process becomes their great time killer. So every morning, once Tyburn and I left Sinderella's Song, we would surely hear someone yelling "Oh! Noble Lady Jamini's Admirer, Knight Huchi", then the residents would gradually gather and follow us. Well that's fine, but someone even carried a picnic basket and came, what the heck is that? Karl seems to come to the village to look for some books, then he heard the news. He is very pleased to join our team. Once he joined, old Métis from the brewery asked:

"Hey, Karl? Which side will you bet on?"

"Bet what?"

"Bet whose name Huchi will shout today. Because Jamini is now dominating the vote, so if you bet on other people, the potential winnings is very high. Don't you know? Recently, many little girls came to seduce Huchi, also begged him to shout their names. "

Karl turned to an ironic expression, and I was staring at Métis, can't wait to bite him. But Métis looks like he doesn't care at all. Another man next to him said:

"Oi,  Métis, Huchi should be dead today, right?"

"Should be. Tyburn said he is going to summon Chimera."

I would probably go mad, jump around and then prematurely die because of a heart attack. Tyburn isn't even helping me to learn how to adjust my strength. In fact, we can see a lot of monsters in our village every day, but everytime he could summon something we have never seen, extremely tough to fight phantoms of monsters. Because those are just illusions, although it is not really deadly, but the fightings are very vivid, which makes me very nervous.

"Why don't you summon something like Kobold?"

"Aren't you wearing OPG? At least have to find something well-matched with you."

"Do you mean Chimera is well-matched with me?"

"You won't die anyway, what are you complaining about?"

"But the feeling of getting killed is very bad!"

Tyburn is just giggling. The moment of death feels really bad. No matter it's got hit the paws of a Gargoyle, rolling on the ground and watching the Gargoyle flying up, or caught by tail of a Lamia, hearing the sound of my broken ribs, feeling the breath blowing from the Lamia to my face, the kind of frightening and nasty feeling really can't be described in words. Ah, here I want to defend for myself. I actually chopped off the head of the Gargoyle finally, and the naked body of the Mermaid... It's a bit embarrassing, so I ran to its back, pulled off its wings. They are just illusions, is there anything to fear? My wounds are also illusions, I won't actually get any real injury.

However, today Tyburn is going to call out the illusion of Chimera . God. Just kill me directly. I wanted to beg him to at least let me die with a bit dignity! But the villagers simply disregarded my feelings, came to watch like going to picnic, so I feel even more miserable.

"Don't be so sad. You have now improved so much."

Jamini gently patted my shoulder. Well I now rarely carelessly turn my body because of my strength. To some extent you can say that I can already manipulate my power. But I'm just a candle maker! Not a formally trained soldier. Even I am wearing OPG, there is no way for me to defeat a Chimera.

"Huh? What's that sound?"

Tyburn suddenly said the strange words. I looked at Tyburn.

"Hustle footsteps, should be soldiers. What happened?"

After a while, I actually saw many soldiers running to us. His ear is really good! The soldiers saw the villagers and Tyburn stood in front of them, they ran more hastily and cried out:

"Mr. Tyburn! Urgent, there is a critical patient!"

What? Critical patient?

"Tyburn, I carry you!"

Apart from anything else, I put Tyburn on my back immediately. For the weight of Tyburn, I don't feel heavy at all, I started running and shouted:

"What critical patient could be inside the castle? "

The villagers were also shocked, hurriedly began to run. The soldiers ran to me, talked to Tyburn who's on my back:

"This morning a soldier from the crusade came back, but he is seriously injured. Deacon Hamel told us to hurry up and get Mr. Tyburn there..."

What? Crusade? Is that the Amurtaat crusade? Not just injured, but only one soldier. The other people, including the commander didn't come back, but only a soldier came back? Tyburn behind me said gloomily:

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Once we arrived the castle, we found that Deacon Hamel were already waiting for us impatiently at the mansion's entrance. Deacon Hamel saw me carrying Tyburn, immediately opened the entrance door, took us into the hall. And he didn't allow other poeple in.

"Patients need to a quiet place, you surely must want to know what happened immediately. But please bear with me first."

"Wait a minute! Mr deacon. You said only one person came back? What happened?"

"Please calm down. I will explain later!"

"Hey! Then who came back? You should tell us this first?"

Hamel silently shook his head, looks like he only wants to let Tyburn in. Deacon Hamel saw me carrying Tyburn, made an unhappy expression, but I am now not just Tyburn's eyes, but also his legs. So finally Hamel let me in. Then Hamel looked at Karl.

"Karl, you may come in too."

Karl nodded his head, and went inside. After the three of us entered, Deacon Hamel "bang" and shut the door, and then we didn't have time to listen to the noises made by those residents outside, the soldiers brought us upstairs.

I can't control my tension. Could he be dad? He must have to be dad! Though he's seriously injured, but still better than never coming back. But when I went in, who lying on the bed in the second floor bedroom is a young soldier. He is even an unknown heavy infantry from the capital.

He looks nothing like a dying man. Although I don't know how should a dying man look like, his face has nothing unusual, he not just didn't sweat, but also didn't moan. However, when the maid removed the sheet,  moan came from my mouth.

"Why are you yelling?"

I can't answer Tyburn's question. The soldier's face is pale, but he is still with a calm expression. However, there is a very serious wound starting from his chest to his abdomen. It's not several wounds, but only one wound, now we can even see his ribs. I put down Tyburn, my head is dizzy.

Karl seized Tyburn's hand, and brought him to the soldier, although I am dizzy, I followed them. Tyburn touched the wound with his fingertips. The soldier wrinkled his brows, but didn't reveal any expression of pain. Instead, he asked Tyburn first:

"You are the wizard deacon mentioned?"

"Yes. How did you actually become like this? No, now it's not the time to speak. Huchi!"

"Yes, I'm here!"

"The hot water should be ready?"

"There it is."

I wet the towel, wanted to hand it to Tyburn, but I soon decided to wipe the wound of the soldier by myself. While I am wiping the wound, Tyburn began to cast. In the few days with Tyburn, I found that when he's casting a simple spell, he doesn't use the power of the tattoos on his body, it seems he doesn't even need to recite the spell. But when he's using a complex magic, for example, calling Balrog or a series of spells, his tattoos would glow.

Now Tyburn's tattoo are emitting a very strong light. So, if his body is glowing to this point, he should also need to recite a long spell. His tattoos continued to glow, he put his hands into the wound of the soldier, the soldier is just blankly watching Tyburn plucking his wound. Tyburn couldn't see, but Karl and I are almost fainted because of the endurance of the soldier.

"Really amazing. A worthy soldier of Earl Huritchell."

Karl is praising the soldiers that when someone is repairing his internal organs, the soldier didn't even make a single cry. Surprisingly, the soldier actually made a wry smile. Is this really a human? I looked at his broken organs getting pushed back by the hands of Tyburn, I am simply almost scared to death. I retreated with a sallow complexion. Tyburn continued his work at hand, and asked Karl:

"Although the artery is not injured, the problem is muscles. Karl, do you want to prepare a bit?"

Karl nodded, immediately remembered that he needs say "Yes", then began asking needle and thread from the maids, also mentioned the names of several herbs, asked them to bring those over quickly. As far as I know, Karl read many medical books, but the several herbs he assigned, are common things that even I know. Although the wound is terribly large, in fact it's very simple, so the herbs needed are simple too.

The maids hurriedly ran away, Karl immediately took a bowl and cooked it in the boiling water.  The maids brought back a lot of herbs, Karl wanted crumble them by himself, but he changed his mind and said:

"Knight Huchi can you help? Please help me to make these into powder. Wash your hands first."

I washed my hands, then knead those things into powder. My gloves are stained with herb powder, but does it matter? After I made them into powder, Karl immediately mixed them up, put them all into the water and cook. So even the proportion of the prescription is very simple. Karl said to Tyburn:

"It's ready."

"Good. Cook the needle and thread a bit."

Karl already put the needle and the line into the boiling water. The flashing light on Tyburn's body suddenly disappeared, he pulled his hands out from the wound. I glanced the soldier's face, he was admiringly looking at Tyburn's clever hands which played in his wound, seems to feel very interesting. God... Then Tyburn stick his tongue helplessly.

"This wound is really strange. Anyway, my eyes can't see, there is no way to sew it. Karl?"

Karl went to the front and began to sew the wound. The maids next to him are turning to blue faces, I think my face is probably not much better. The flash reflecting by the needle going through flesh made us almost fainted. But Karl is just quietly stitching, the soldier watching the needle going through his own flesh, is like looking at a seamstress sew his clothes. Karl looked at the soldier and said:

"You're really amazing."

"I'm flattered."

After Karl finished, Tyburn instructed the maids to wrap the wound with a bandage, then moved to the back. I shifted a chair, let him sit down.

"This wound is really strange."

"This soldier should have been dead. Look at the wound, looks like it's been there for three or four days, he may never live up till now. Shouldn't we feel marvelous at human's potential?"

Tyburn shook his head like he couldn't understand. The soldier heard these words and smiled, but he was drinking the drug tuned by Karl, so he didn't answer. I brought a bowl and went to Tyburn, Tyburn washed his hands and said:

"Because I've treated it, so he wouldn't die. But his visceral injuries are heavy, it's not possible to reinstate as before. He won't be able to eat and digest properly. Muscles will have problems too. Looking forward to once again taking a sword to battle? That could be unreasonable... Because of this injury, it would be difficult for him to do even daily things. Might just as we often see, he'd become a beggar in the name of  'A brave wounded warrior' ?"

Then Karl spoke.

"Fortunately things will not be that bad. Tyburn you can't see, but this man has an identity. He is wearing a ring with a family emblem on it."

The soldier shook his head, wanted to say something, but Tyburn spoke faster:

"Is he? Then he would become a cumbersome aristocratic home patient."

The soldier made a wry smile. Tyburn continued to say outspokenly:

"I probably can guess the situation."

I swallowed.

"This wound is not caused by weapons. Certainly it's Amurtaat wanted him to bring some messages, so she made this soldier half dead half alive, and then sent him back."

Clatter! I dropped the bowl to the ground. Tyburn stared at me with his non-functional eyes.

"That... That means, we lost?"

No comments:

Post a Comment