Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Monday, August 20, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.13)

※ ※ ※

In the end Jamini is still coming with me. She looks like that she has to watch how I spend this money. But for me, once I got this large money on my hand, my eyes are completely dark. Usually I wanted to get a lot, do a lot, but once I have the real money, I don't know what to do.

"Weapon... Equipment... Weapon... Equipment... Right, buy a sword!"

I always wanted to get a good sword. In my age, boys without such a desire, where to find? But what driving me crazy is, I can't think of any place to buy a sword at the moment.

"Are you going to the blacksmith shop?

Gran Elver! You finally did something right! Among all the innocent girls you bless, the most silly one, actually got the phrase! But that's not my thought.

"No. We should go to the tavern. Making one in the blacksmith shop takes too much time... In the tavern, there are swords mortgaged as the paid for drink, we can get one easily."

Actually, I put my idea on the bastard sword of Auntie Hanna in "Sindirella's Song". Now she treats the sword as an useless object., however, why would she attempt to tell the blacksmiths to forge it into wine cups! Fortunately, Sanson's father Joyce, which is the boss of the blacksmith shop stopped her immediately, told her that this steel can't make cups. As a result, she muttered to blame whether herself was crazy, actually received something useless to offset the drinks, then threw it to somewhere. That was a long time ago, but I can still remember.

I guess no one would take it, so it should still be there. All the guards of the city have great weapons (weapons from deceased), so they won't move that thing, Apart from them, who else would want it?



"What did you just say?"

Aunite Hanna's eyes opened widely. I shrugged and answered:

"You didn't get what I said? I said I will pay you a lot of money, please give that sword to me."

Jamini beside is looking at me with admiring eyes. Jamini is afraid of her own mother, so she is always timid in front of middle-aged women of a similar age. I dare to make deals with Auntie Hanna like this, she immediately looked at me with infinite respect.

"That thing is still here... What do you want it for?"

"All you have to do is accept the money. What do I want it for, should be my own business right?"

See, Jamini. I am such a man. I am an awe-inspiring awesome man. Although you have a very good vision, and actually dare to like me, but for you, I am like an unclimbably tall tree.

Yes, Huchi. I was too stupid. The naive young girl doesn't realize the thing in front of her eyes is a sun fell on the ground, if try to touch it, of course she will be hurt. My heart hurts too, all of these are due to my behavior. Please forgive me, woo woo.

No. Poor girl. My fate makes me continue to hurt girls like you. I'm really sorry.

But I have no choice. You can only blame that I am too handsome.

"Why are you keeping your mouth open like this?"

Uh, what was that. I went too far. Auntie Hanna is looking at me and the bastard sword in her arms with a worried face. the sword. When I held out my hand to the sword, Auntie Hanna slapped my hand.

"Ouch!"

"You lad! I had definitely never thought of giving this thing to such a naughty kid like you, but you should now also want to protect yourself. If you don't want to make candles for your entire life, then this might be useful to you."

"Are you selling it or not?"

"I don't plan to sell it. Take it, I wanted to give it to you anyway, didn't expect that you would come to get it by yourself. Take it."

Auntie Hanna said, while handed me the bastard sword. I looked at Auntie Hanna with surprised eyes, and then said:

"A mighty warrior should pay the price for his weapon, so..."

Whack! Ouch, my head.

This thing is really troublesome tough. I want put it around my waist, but my belt not just doesn't have any sword holder things on it, it's also very fragile. So I not only will often touch the blade, it may even fall to the ground any time. And I know that belt with scabbard must have to be strong. I don't know. I have to hold the sword with my left hand and run around like this.

Even knowing my situations, Jamini is still looking at me almost with respecting eyes. I noticed that her line of sight, so my body is even straighter, walking forward proudly. Jamini doesn't dare to come close to me, so she is following me with a distance. She took a deep breath, then looked at me.

"Hmm, hmm, Huchi, where are you going?"

"Grind my sword."

"Then, then you are going to the blacksmith shop?"

"Sure."

Jamini heard my short and cool answers, she seems a bit cringed. Ah, feel so good. I lifted my chin, deliberately not looking at Jamini, continued to walk.

I probably lifted my chin too high. Doh! Aw, damn! Whose horse! Dare to shit on the way of a warrior? If I find it, then I'll immediately put it.... No, no, first find out who is its master, then put it..."

Jamini laughed her ass of, then came to help me. I completely flushed, grabbed her hand and stood up. Then I took the hay from Jamini who is still laughing, used it to wipe my pants. It's the historic day of me wearing a sword for the first time, why is it like this? All people around is scoffing. Jamini blushed and said:

"Don't laugh! Is it funny?"

Jamini is actually helping me, I really appreciate it, alright, I decided. Jamini, I will sacrifice a bit. Probably there won't be any stupid man want you to go with him. Only if I get a wife earlier, the rest of men on the world will feel relieved, so I am seriously considering to get marry with you... God, looks like I got crazy.

※ 

Blacksmith Joyce saw a 17-year-old boy came, said to him with a cool face:  "Grind the sword for me.", he expressed all his confusions with a simple sentence.

"Who are you delivering it to?"

"This sword is mine!"

"...If you want to use one, compared to this, how about that sword?"

I saw the wooden sword Sanson's brother used to play, but I didn't get angry. I came up with a simple solution. Joyce saw the 100 Purcell gold cion I took out, scratched his head.

"Damn. It may take a whole day to give change to you."

Hey, this uncle saw such a valuable gold coin, actually only reacted like this? I didn't say anything else, sat down on a wooden barrel nearby. Jamini saw the flying sparks, the noisy sound, so she doesn't want to come close, but watching a few steps behind me.

Joyce is muttering while checking the sword. Suddenly his eyes emitted strange colors.

"This is a sword in fantasy."

I swallowed nervously. Joyce stared at the blade with sharp eyes and said:

"If this is a sword, then an air rifle is a siege weapon."

Jamini laughed loudly, thumped my shoulder. I am half sad, half angry, and discouraged to say:

"Really that bad?"

"Just kidding."

"......"

Is it funny? Joyce winked at me, then Jamini laughed even louder.

"It should be that sword from Hanna right? This is a sword that had been used for a long time. If you want to treat this kind of thing, it's bit bother. Because it's too stiff. And looks didn't get good care, just got casually put somewhere. If you want to use a sword for a long time, you have maintain it everyday."

Then Joyce took out a hammer without saying a word, pulled down the tack on the sword grip. Then he put my sword into the furnace. After plugging it in, Joyce immediately picked up other materials, and began to craft other items. Uh, uh, if this continues, my sword will totally melt! Although I am very anxious, but I am still sitting there. Because someone helped me to cry out. Jamini said:

"Keeping it there won't be a problem?"

Hearing Jamini's question, Joyce nodded. He spent quite a while to craft a sickle, and I am so anxious that all my organs almost exploded, Joyce then finally gave a glance to the furnace, and then slowly put on his gloves, clipped the sword out with the pincers.

I am surprised and gazed at sword.

The bastard sword is blazing and emitting white light, like a sword-shaped flame. In the dark blacksmith shop, Joyce who is holding the shining sword, looks really like King Rhuterino. Other blacksmiths are also looking admiringly at the sword Joyce holding. Joyce smiled and said:

"Not bad. If you don't do this, then the sword can't be used."

Joyce muttered something that I don't understand, then place the sword on the anvil and began tapping . Clang! Clang! Clang!  Hey, what's happening? Looks like he is making a new sword?

"No tenacity. Surface is very uneven. The latches are a little crooked. "

Joyce appropriately tapped a few times, to flatten the surface, the crooked latches are also knocked back to position, then he clipped the sword to into a bucket. Quenching? But Joyce isn't quenching as many times as usual, just soaked into the water twice. He said to me:

"Now it's the final step. Don't need to quench anymore."

"Huh... Huh?"

Joyce took out a grindstone. Sa..Sa.. Started to grind the sword when he replied:

"In face a completed sword can't be put into the fire again. But this one hasn't been maintained for too long , it's blunt, unlikely to sharpen it's blade as original with grindstones. It had no tenacity too. This metal is steel from Zypern. The weapons from Zypern usually didn't get quenched enough, so their swords are unlikely to bend, but also because of this, if they slash with it a lot, the steel will lose its tenacity, so sometimes when it encounters bones or armors, it won't even bend if they are bad luck, but directly breaks into fragments. Only with a good quenching, steel can become durable. "

Joyce's note with the 'Sa Sa' sound of grinding, sounds a great sense of rhythm. Jamini was scared when she heard the sentences about slashing bones, she grabbed my shoulders. But my concern is something else.

"Do you mean that, the one who used this sword before, used it for a long time?"

"Right. So he used it very conveniently. Had maintained pretty good in the beginning."

Joyce grinded my sword a few time like joking, and then clipped the grip on it, fixed with nails. Joyce put the sword into a scabbard, and then gave it to me.

"Try to pull it out!"

I swallowed, and then held the grip. Cling!

Woo, wooah. My God, my heart. All the hair on my arms erected. The sword issued soft sound, after played around a bit by Joyce, now when I pull, it emits the sound that stimulates my heart. Jamini simply pasted on my post-shoulders, is revealing only her eyes looking, while gasping loudly. She made my neck itchy, at the same time hindered my action of pulling out the sword.

I pulled the entire sword out, then Joyce told me worriedly:

"Do not imitate those soldiers touching the blade with the thumb. This sword is now sharp enough to shave."

Oh, I am shocked. Because my hand is going to touch the blade. I'm embarrassingly watching the sword thoroughly. The chill issuing from the blade freezes my heart, the shining surface can even show the reflection of my face. Joyce gave me a whetstone and towel.

"I don't know what extent you can reach, however, regardless who it is, when you break a sword, you will learn, so it doesn't matter. You have to spare a time every day to grind the sword. You don't have to grind much now, one or two times will be fine. Nevertheless with the lapse of time, you may need to grind it more and more."

Joyce then took a breath, and went to a side of the blacksmith shop, found out his wallet and started counting money with twittering sound. He is probably counting how much change he needs to give me. After a while, other blacksmiths also ran to him, those half-naked, shiny men because of sweat are counting coins. The look seems to interest Jamini.

"He he hee..."

But I don't have extra effort to project my eyes to that direction. My whole spirit is concentrated on my bastard sword. Really awesome. Built for combat, a well functional body, sharp, and long enough, and very smooth. The blade around, the only mission is to hurt the enemy's body. The humming bloodthirsty top of the sword has driven to me to distraction. Then it's the cross-guard and grip. The old leather wrapped on the grip, seems pasted on my hand tightly. Should I replace the leather? No, no. Seems like changing anything on this, will likely ruin the sword.

I plug the sword back into the scabbard. But different to prior, due to the terribly sharpness, once I think of the bloodthirsty thing held in my left hand, my palm began to itch. My shoulder shrinked slightly, crossed my arms on my chest, then I looked up to the heaven with the most sincere face I can make.

Upinel, look! Today a swordsman was born, he is going to practice the law of Helkanes on this land. My hands practice the law, but they are only slaves of my soul. So I will dedicate my soul to you. Look! It's me. Please don't forget, Upinel! Er...Er... Don't know why, my tears almost to flow out.

"Huchi! Hurry up, get the grindstone and the towel. "

Damn... Damn, damn, damn girl! Ruined my great moment! Although I muttered, I still received those things. I wrapped the grindstone in the towel, put it into my pocket. Then Joyce came over and sighed.

"No matter how I counted I don't have enough. Do you need an armor?"

Oh. Almost forgot. Armor? Well, sure. Once I nodded, Joyce showed a "I knew you would say yes" face, smiled and went to the corner of the blacksmith shop and began searching. He picked a hard leather armor which matches my physique, and then took over. I want the piece of chain mail beside more, but that one is so expensive, and I don't have the courage to walk around in the village with it, so forget about that.

"You know how to make candles right? You should know how to handle grease?"

"Of course!"

For iron armors, the biggest problem is moisture. But iron is a very robust material. In comparison, leather armors even the tanning process were done well, are still very vulnerable. If someone say they found mold on an armor, it must be a leather armor. But often coating grease on a leather armor, can allow it to be used for a much longer time. And when it comes to handling grease, are there any people better than me? Isn't me a candler maker who uses bee wax and grease? I can even coat oil on my sword to make it slippery. Or shoould I coat it with an entire layer of wax, make it water-proof?

Because leather armors are soft like clothes, can directly drill into it by head, so I easily put it on. Below the neck part it separates into two sides, both sides have attached hinge holes. Of course that's the place for the strings to connect. I took over the strings from Joyce, and started to put them on clumsily. Jamini chuckled.

"Let me do it. So you will be able to open it."

I obediently gave the strings to Jamini. She leaned against my chest, and started connecting the strings.

"Hush Hush!"

What's wrong? Those blacksmiths are looking at us and started yelling and whistling. Jamini's cheeks blushed. Well, in this scene, I am also very much like the legendary King Rhuterino. I am standing striaight disposedly, and Jamini is nested in my chest, busy putting the strings on. Isn't this like the king and the maid?

Joyce smiled and said:

"It looks like the noble lady and the knight apprentice in the stories."

What, what, what!

Nevermind, I also bought a pair of boots, even bought a pair of gloves. I feel like flying in the sky, so became very kind and generous, I bought a set of dress for Jamini too. I seemed like being carried away, one hundred Purcell were instantly gone. Anyway, Jamini is so happy that she started to bounce. Looking at her face, my mood is not bad too.

1 comment: