Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.11)

In fact only a few trolls invaded the granary. The trolls were probably separated into two groups. They let the stronger be in the attack group, and drew the soldiers attention, the weaker caught the chance and went to plunder food. But because of the intervention of Tyburn, their attack group is annihilated. So the soldiers easily cleared the monsters in the granary.

After the things end, like previous order, crying began to come.

I did as the men entrusted, ran to transmit the messages the bereaved families. The girl named Sophia didn't even pretend to listen to me, just kept crying, but the man called Jack held my shoulder and said:

"Thank you, you've done well."

The victims are the three men and the woman they carried. The woman was like injured seriously, died on the way back. Anyway, at least that the woman doesn't need to become a widow, should be in heaven with her husband now. But their children are now ...

Damn!

The soldiers are trying their best to collect the three dead bodies scattered on the road. The trolls slammed them into fragments. But there is also one troll down beside them. Looks like the men fought very thoroughly, and also because the time they bought, the soldiers could arrive before the monsters hurt more innocent.

The soldiers transported their bodies back to their homes respectively, and then cleaned up the corpses of the trolls. I left gently, went to find Jamini with Sanson.

Tyburn is with Jamini, waiting in the tavern "Sindirella's Song". As soon as Sanson and I entered the tavern, we heard a blood-freezing laughter.

"Babble hee hee hee, hee hee!"

Sanson almost pulled out his sword, I became sluggish state like Jamini earlier. Jamini noticed me, waved her hands like dancing and laughed at me. What, laughing at me?

"Ah, it's Huchi? Come... Hee hee hee!"

I staggered, finally approached to the table they are sitting at. Tyburn heard me sitting on the chair then laughed, turned to me and said:

"It's Huchi? You actually have a girlfriend with such a charming laughter. Really happy ha!"

"Bull, Bullshit!"

"Ha ha ha ha!"

This moment, I suddenly feel the actual "want to die" feeling. Due to the affair shortly before, many people came to the tavern to relax, they are beating the tables heavily, issuing the "Cor Cor" sound, and laughing. In particular, Sanson is opening his mouth widely, exaggeratedly laughing. Jamini saw it, don't know what she is happy about, is also laughing along.

"Hee hee ... hee hee hee!"

I stared at Jamini. Surprisingly, that Merloc... something bottle is on the table, the cup in front of Tyburn is half empty, but Jamini's is completely finished.

"Hey, what are you going to do, you actually let her drink, Tyburn!"

"Alcohol has been an elixir since the ancient. To help people to forget all worries, troubles, trepidations. Look. For this little girl with charming laughter, this thing is much more effective than my magic, right?"

"Drunk people always think that the words from their mouths are correct."

I snapped my fingers quickly.

"Auntie Hanna! Here want something!"

"You kid, what do you want?"

"Not me, for Sanson! Who do you think I am? A lad who smelt alcohol too early?"

Auntie Hanna smiled, and Sanson ordered a beer. He sat down and said to Tyburn:

"Thank you for your help, I will definitely report to the thane His Honor. Thane His Honor will absolutely give you honorarium. "

"Honorarium? Forget it. You are now busy feeding Cathselprime, and you have to raise fund for the expedition. Or you want to give me lands? Ha ha ha. Give me the cheapest land on the entire continent?"

Looks like Tyburn in these few days, has already well understood our thane.

In fact, our thane is really poor that even I don't want to admit it. Originally all the manors here belonged to our thane, people of the village are tenants of our thane, it was no different from other fiefs. But every time when someone got killed by monsters, our thane would give his bereaved families lands, so that they can make their livings. Nevertheless the bereaved families would eventually sell the land back to the only person here who has the ability to buy land, that is our thane, and then once again become tenants.

Sometimes I wonder, if that's the case, then why didn't thane give them money directly, it should be more easy. However, according to Karl, the land originally belongs to our thane, he can give it away freely. But currency belongs to the king, it can only flow under the King's permission. In other words, the currency metal pieces physically are unconditionally the king's, citizens only use the value of the currency. Although it is getting more headache, in short after the era of the Dragon Lord, money is such a thing. So our thane with his upright personality complies with this principle, doesn't give money but lands, and eventually uses money to buy back the lands. But anyway, he gives away lands and buy them back like this, sure, he wouldn't have any money left.

So now, regardless how much land our thane gives, the people of our village will sell it back with one cent Purcell. If not, our thane had long been bankrupt. Our thane is very angry about this, but we think that we are free to choose how much we want to accept,  to sell how much we want to sell, any need to care what he says? Thus the joke "the cheapest land on the entire continent" rises.

Sanson blushed and answered:

"You're a bit exaggerating."

"Is there something wrong? Listen. I don't have any personal feelings in my words.That's your thane, not my thane."

"Hmm, maybe our thane will hire you as a consultant, not to mention..."

"Official? No way. People in this age, need to go greeting in the morning? It can be very tiring."

Sanson scratched his head.

"Ah, this, I am not so sure. Anyway, I will report this, to let out thane to think of a both appropriate, but also satisfying honorarium."

"I won't stop you from reporting, but could you please at the beginning, tell him that I don't want anything first?"

"Ah, sure."

"So now it's my turn to speak. I have a few questions for you, you don't mind?"

"Ah, feel free to ask."

Tyburn raised his cup and took a gulp, and said:

"The atmosphere of this village, from the thane to the guard captain, and this blind young man with fine eyes, all overwhelmed me. Really interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"The speed for you to forget a tragedy is really fast huh? Even the atmosphere of this tavern is so."

"We are used to it."

This answer is very simple, but this simple answer from Sanson is yet infinitely heavy. I found myself with a sigh.

We often meet scourges, but also quickly forget them. If not, we might be already crazy. We like joking. We live joyfully. But we are not happy.

"Right. Well, I don't know what you think, but I'm very interested in this village. This sort of thing often happens?

"Yes, often happens."

The answer is a bit ridiculous, but it is indeed a Sanson-style answer. What answer Tyburn wanted should be how many times a year, or how many times a month. Tyburn smiled, and asked in another way.

"How many times have you fought?"

"Well... Let me see. When Charles died, I became a guard captain that was the twenty second time. Ah, so probably thirty-fifth or sixth."

I saw Tyburn suddenly made a strange expression.

"Thirty-fifth, sixth?"

Sanson scratched his head, and said hurriedly:

"Ah, I don't know the exact number. It's ridiculous for people like me who play with sword to spend time on this, but because of a feeling, feeling that experiencing more combats, the chance to die in next battle is also higher, so deliberately not to count. Charles fought more than one hundred times, but died shortly after he got the award from our thane. Because I've seen these... If you ask the official historian of the city, he should have the correct record. I can ask today after the report, but..."

"Well, I can understand. You are busy, but I am still bothering you and asking questions, I'm sorry. You may go now."

"Yes, but Mr. wizard, where do you live now?"

"I live in Karl's house."

Sanson said with a surprised face:

"Huh? So you and Karl knew each other?"

"Nope. He said he lives alone, so he welcomed me to live there before I find a house."

"Ah, that. Then I will be excused."

Sanson stood up from the seat, once again bowed to the Tyburn who can't see, and then walked out of the tavern. Now I have another thing to worry.

Jamini don't know when she put her arms on the table, and drilled her head into them, like slept. Seems I must have to take her home. But a few days before she was beaten badly because of drinking, now if she goes back with this red face and keeps giggling, I begin to worry that her hip will again suffer.

Tyburn suddenly somehow said:

"He said thirty-fifth, sixth?"

"Huh?"

"Ah, nothing. Sorry, Huchi. This is a habit of a blind. When he is speaking normally, he can't see the people who are listening, isn't it like talking to himself? So he can be talking himself any time."

"It should be a tiring habit. You mean blinds can speak out their inner hearts freely?"

"If people of your age have this habit, it may be true. But to my age, there is no difference between inner heart and outer heart. Nothing tiring."

"Outer heart? Your words are really interesting. Grandfather Tyburn. Thanks to your blessing, Jamini has completely passed out, what are you going to do to solve it? "

Then Jamini suddenly raised her head.

"I am not drunk! Woo Hee hee hee!"

Wow, I was really shocked. This girl! I thought she fainted. Of course, my mouth began to say a lot of harsh words, and Jamini hummed a few times, and then looked like she felt very noisy, covered her ears, leaned on the table again. I don't want to care about her anymore! Simply go to her home, ask her mother to come here. Hey! What am I thinking? Tyburn said:

"What should I do?"

"Can't you use magics to make her sober?"

Tyburn giggled.

"Make her sober. This makes me think of a wizard story. That wizard was addicted to alcohol, so he could neither spend the time to study and practice magics, nor maintain a clear state of mind. So one day he decided to stop drinking at all, fully concentrated on creating a sober magic. Even the name of the magic was made good, called Cure Drunken. Do you know why did he want to do this? Because he wanted to enjoy drinking, and then use this spell, then he can practice magic also."

"Isn't that very smart?"

"What are you talking about? Smart? No joke. After all this Cure Drunken is a kind of spell. You can't cast any spell under a drunken state, so if he wants to cast, he has to wait until he is sober. So what's the use?"

"Huh? God! He is really stupid!"

I jeered. Tyburn also smiled, poked his long white hair.

"Then what? The wizard couldn't practice magics in the end?"

"No. After that wizard found that he was doing the wrong thing, he found his disciple, taught the magic to him. Then he started to drink happily, asked the disciple to cast the spell on him. Guess what? The disciple became very sober. Since from the beginning, this was a magic that can only be cast on self, rather than a magic that can be cast on the others! "

"Poof, ha ha ha!"

"So the angry wizard and his disciple spent several nights together continuously, tried to amend this Cure Drunken to a spell that can cast on all objects. You know what?"

"What?"

"It's was tough. While the disciple worked with his alcoholic master, at the end became alcoholic too."

"Poof Ha ha ha, ha ha!"

1 comment:

  1. 미쳤다 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 너무 재밌게 읽고 갑니다 ♥

    ReplyDelete