Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.14)

Several days passed.

My daily routine has became very interesting. Wake up very early every morning, after a meal, I will be fully armed, run to Sinderella's Song. Tyburn sits at a table drinking milk, once he hears me he will say hello to me. Really amazing. I tried to ask a random child to walk in front of me, I followed closely behind, but Tyburn would never mistake. He could recognize my footsteps.

Then I would follow Tyburn to the castle. The remaining guards would report something about the night before, and they will chat on some other things, but those are all irrelevant to me. So in most of the cases, I wait in the training ground.

I would take out my sword and play around in this period. After the morning exercise, the guards finished their breakfast would sit around the training ground and rest everyday, watching me practicing my sword and clapping their hands, sometimes they would make fun of me, and sometimes they would give suggestions.

"Don't hold the grip so tightly! Imagine you are holding Jamini's hand!"

What kind of suggestion is this! This will only bury the bright future of a great youth!

Sometimes they would also come and demonstrate moves to me. In order to imitate the triple spins, nine hits combo action of Turner, I successively fell down several times. Turner was injured in the battle with the trolls, so he can't participate in the expedition. Although Tyburn cured him, his legs are still not functioning very smoothly. However, he still uses his skillful actions to show me his exquisite technique. But the soldiers giggled.

"This Turner, can't do anything after the leg injury."

"Bastard, you try to get your leg hit by an iron rake!"

The soldiers joke with each other, and try to guide me. But the things they teach are really difficult.

"You should do some push-ups, chop some firewood to practice your arm muscle! Lad you every day just kept making candles, so your body is fragile like a candle!"

Firewood... this is not necessary to do. My place always has to light fire, so unlike other people who prepare their firewood everyday, we directly go to buy firewood. So I started doing push-ups. After a few days, my arms began to ache, even tearing a bread makes me very painful.

Anyway, after the business in the castle, Tyburn would go out to inspect. Sometimes around the village, Tyburn would carefully ask me the topography, and then nod, and stop.

"So, here is a very suitable path to the village."

In the other words, monsters would start an invasion from here. He asks me to draw some strange graphics on the trees, on the ground or on a rock, then casts on the graphs. I don't need to ask what those are. In order to confirm that I painted right, Tyburn often takes me as an experimental object. And then I would be caught by some invisible cobwebs, float in the air, or covered by darkness, couldn't see anything, then fall to the ground. Sometimes my face would be blackened out by fire.

"Tyburn! Help!"

The five dragons in front of me, is discussing solemnly whether they should bake me, cook me, or eat me in raw. In this illusion, I screamed for help. This experience would scare people to bristle, but Tyburn giggles happily. Really hateful. Hum! Next time when I lead the way for this blind, should I just simply direct him to the edge of a cliff?

I have to memorize the places we treated. I must also draw them on a map, tell the guards in the town, and Tyburn said we have to visit the places everyday to refresh the magic. He said:

"This is because the force of nature will resist magic from abnormally concentrating in one place." This kind of baffling, non-understandable words.

Eventually the magic traps really successfully caught something. One morning, we went to see one of the magic traps , heard some screams that scared me and erected my hairs.

Both Tyburn and me were appalled, suspected that could be an ogre or stone golem. Judged by the sound, it could be banshee... We kept exchanging our views with each other, and carefully went over to see. What we saw was the look of Jamini desperately wanted to escape. But no matter how she ran, she couldn't leave the circle with a radius of ten cubits, she could only detoured within it.

Once Jamini was rescued, she showed a pissed off expression, stared at the two of us who were laughing loudly. I held my forehead and said:

"Jamini, what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see what you two were doing..."

Tyburn muttered:

"Curiosity is a shortcut to discovery, however, it's also a shortcut to death." kind of strange words, and allowed Jamini to join our patrols.

In afternoons, we walk into Sinderella's Song. Tyburn told us many adventure stories, and he never repeated. So he began becoming popular among the children and drinkers in the village. So once it's afternoon, the kids would surround us. Once it's evening, the drinkers would surround us. Because my assistant duty are done, so in the afternoon sometimes I'd do something else, such as delivering candles to the village this kind of daily affairs. Or I'd go to swordsmanship training. Although "Swordsmanship Training" sounds nice, it doesn't have many differences from my father's spear training.

Today, we finished the patrols and we are returning to the village to prepare for the afternoon.

Thunder? God. I was startled, looked toward the place the screams came. That is the barren hills at the east of the village. I immediately recalled the magic traps there. If someone passed by, the traps would spit fire.

Tyburn looked dignified and said:

"Is Jamini here?"

"...Yes." Jamini replied angrily.

"Then that's not Jamini. What could get into my magic?"

"Looks like those are really monsters, why would they come from there?"

"I told you. I deduce the routes that monsters would use to enter the village, then I plant traps there. We should go to have a look. Jamini? Two of us will go to inspect first, you hurriedly get to the castle to ask the guards to come and support us. But they may separate into two groups, so tell the self-defense forces do not come, and hold the village."

"That was too long!"

"Tell the guards to go to the barren hills, tell the self-defense forces don't move, stay in the village. "

"Understood!"

Jamini immediately ran away. She is so fast that her skirt is flying up. I ran towards the direction the screams came, but Tyburn stopped me.

"What are you thinking? Creating a heroic legend of the great sacrifice of a blind wizard and a rookie warrior? Move slowly. Better let the guards to follow."

"But if they entered the village..."

"That's very difficult, right?"

I was going to ask him why, but at the moment, fire is emerging on the barren hills. No, those are flashes. Anyway, there is a kind of strong light continuously flashing which makes people eyes protruding. I closed my eyes, and Tyburn couldn't see already. Tyburn sounds satisfied:

"We don't know what those guys are, but they probably want to escape now? They didn't know, my expertise is magic links."

"What does this mean... Uhhh!"

Holy Cow! Looking at the sky, I could't talk anymore. All the clouds are streaming to the direction of the barren hills. Don't they thunder? Boom! Well, it's really thundering.

"That place should probably be turned into carbon. If those are not particularly powerful monsters, they probably have fainted."

But this time Tyburn is wrong. We are still hearing gruff growls.

"Sounds like they are really particularly powerful monsters. Quick! Huchi!"

"Please hold this!"

I stretch my bastard sword, once Tyburn caught it, I started leading Tyburn to run. Yes it's run, but how fast can a blind like Tyburn run? So we are simply jogging.

Once we left the village, we could feel the roar becoming closer. Seems that during this period, those guys are also running toward us. They were probably going to ambush the village, but because they were caught by Tyburn's traps, their plan failed, so started charging toward the village with full speed. I can already see what guys are like. What happned? My legs actually can't move!

"What kind of monster?"

"Head of cattle, body of human, taller than seven cubits..."

"Oh my god, is that Minotaur? How many?"

"Ten... Two! Twelve! "

"Come on! What freaking village is this! Okay there is tauren, but not one, but twelve!"

Once the taurens spotted us, they raised their huge poleaxes, roared and charged. Although it's a kind of shame, I suddenly feel a little bit wet and warm under my crotch. The sound of the ground shaking propagated over. Those poleaxes are as  wide as my chest, as long as my height. If it's a human using it, it should be called giant poleaxe, but in the hands of the taurens, they can only be regarded as normal poleaxes. Oh my God! They are swinging the poleaxes with one hand, while charging toward here. Because they were hit by Tyburn's magics, so they are all black and blue. There is one probably got hit by lightning bolts, so its body is charred, but it's still charging toward here fiercely.

"Distance and direction!"

I immediately grabbed Tyburn's right hand to let him know the direction.

"350 cubits, no, 330 cubits, no, no, 300 cubits..."

Shit! They keep running, so the distance also keeps changing. Tyburn giggled:

"Shit, my eyes can't see, now I can't even use Magic Missile this most elementary magic."

Tyburn's tattoos began to glow. Although the taurens were taken aback, they ran toward us more frantically. They probably want to get us before the casting process completes. I really want to leave Tybrun, ran away by myself. I started to envy that Tyburn can't see anything. Tyburn began chanting a spell, and then stretched his hands forward.

"Since my eyes can't see, I'll use other eyes to replace!"

At this moment, one tauren found itself should be unable to make it on time, and it threw its poleaxe. The terrible thing is, the poleaxe is actually flying straight to Tyburn.

"Bring it on!"

I shouted, rushed to it. I pulled my bastard sword, threw the scabbard away and slammed down with the sword . Clang! Ughh, my wrist. Ahh! I finally distorted the poleaxe's route. Even I myself thought it was a miracle. But I blocked such a heavy and high-speed flying object, all a sudden, I feel like my whole arms are almost cut off. Tyburn is blinking (What can he see!), and finally completed the cast.

"Destroy the enemies! Balrog!"

What the hell is this! Ten cubits tall, body black enough to shine, a giant thing appeared in front of me.

1 comment: