Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.15)

I fell and sat down on the ground, looked at the surrounded by dark smoke with the smell of sulfur around,  ten cubits tall humanoid monster. Its head has an even Minotaur has to call it big brother, about one cubit long bighorn. Looking closely, that is actually a horn on its helmet. Its whole body is protected by a black armor. Because it is too black, I can't tell clearly its figure, I can't even distinguish whether it's its skin or the armor. This Balrog guy is holding a double-edged machete with its left hand,  a huge bullwhip with its right hand him. This whip is "Cat o' nine tails" , coupled with sharp metal nails everywhere. In case of being hit by it, you must be busted wide open.

When I was rejoicing that Balrog was with its back to me, it turned its head over. God! It has no face! Under the helmet, all I can see is darkness. The infinite darkness I occasionally saw in a dream.

"The enemy is?"

Balrog seems to be asking Tyburn, but where is its voice coming from actually? I heard the voice coming from the air, so I got panic. Tyburn shouted loudly:

"Ah, stupid! Who else is here besides those taurens?"

"In which way?"

"Extinct!"

Balrog turned back, and slowly began to fly... Huh? Flying? Yes it is flying right. It suddenly opened its dark wings on its back, flew up. I guess its wings is at least twelve cubits long. It gracefully flew up about four cubits, then started rushing toward the taurens. When it is across the air, it issues a rustling sound.

"Roar!"

The taurens are roaring, while waving their poleaxe. But Balrog landed on the ground with a light action, immediately swang its whip, coiled the arm with poleaxe of a tauren. It then pulled strongly.

Squeak! Squeak!

The tauren's arm are pulled down abruptly. It again waved its whip on its right hand, the left hand is however waving in the opposite direction. The machete on its left hand split the tauren into two halves, the whip on its right hand coiled the neck of another tauren again. Balrog started swinging the entangled tauren.

"Cluck!"

Balrog didn't make any cry. It's like a naughty kid playing with a frog, kept flinging the tauren hanged on its whip, the taurens around jumped away. Balrog began to move on. It made the tauren on its whip a meteor hammer and kept swinging, once it brought down a tauren, it would stamp it by feet, and then blunt on its body by the machete. Use 'spectacular' to describe this scene, is a bit too horrible. But the battle is really enjoyable...

"What is that?"

That's not my voice. Don't know when, the guards arrived behind us. The guards saw this strange scene, they are also hesitating. So I quickly explained to them.

"That black guy is summoned by Tyburn! It's our ally!"

Turner in the guards looked confused and said:

"Is it? Really is our ally? I don't want be an ally with it. Isn't that Balrog?"

"Huh? Turner, you know this thing?"

The other guards are also looking at Turner. Turner gazed at Tyburn and said:

"Mr. wizard, I think that's Balrog? Look at the whip, right?"

"Correct."

"Then why would the Demon of the Abyss Maze help us?"

"Didn't Huchi say, I summoned it!"

Turner opened his mouth. The rest of the guards and I are making a crazily curious expression, but Turner is like ignoring us, continued with Tyburn:

"But you are not summoning fairy, it's demon!"

"Hoho, you're not bad. Know the Fairy Summoning of elves."

"This is just common sense... but how can you call it? It's not something you can summon right? Isn't it an existence like every human?"

"You are right. I am just temporarily moving it from the Abyss Maze to here. This is not summoning, just a teleportation."

"Then why would it fight for you?"

"Because we have a deal."

"What.. What deal?"

"Very simple. It agreed with me, to help me destroy the people I want to destory. In another perspective,  I provide him fresh blood. It should now be drawing the blood!"

Unwittingly, Balrog completely eliminated all the taurens. Although there were a few wanted to escape, it listened to Tyburn, made them 'extinct'. Tauren which even dozens of people might not defeat, got got rid of easily.

The last tauren completely burst screams and blood, then Balrog turned over. Looks like it doesn't care what itself just did. It cracklingly opened its wings, flying to here. Seems even the sky became dark.

The soldiers made some cries and retreated, all pulled out their swords. I want to escape too, but my legs are losing control. Balrog landed in front of Tyburn, and then turned it's head toward the soldiers in the back. Its voice came again from the air.

"What about this men?"

I understand the meaning, so I screamed immediately, but the soldiers are tilting their heads. Tyburn said hastily:

"What? You fool. No!"

"Then send me back."

"Why? Got anything to do?"

"Some adventurers entered my maze, I was about to destroy them, then you called me."

"Oh? Ah that... I suddenly can't remember Teleport Wrap."

Balrog instantly raised his tauren-blood-stained whip, I shouted almost like choking. Balrog is although standing like it's going to kill Tyburn, Tyburn who can't see is still giggling.

Balrog is standing there with its raised arm, the soldiers seem to be ready to die, preparing to charge to it. But after a while, Balrog put the whip down.

"Recall it now!"

"Listening to your voice, you are probably going to break those adventurers into pieces once you get back, right?"

Balrog looked down at Tyburn silently for a short while, and then said darkly:

"Listen. Tyburn. You are no longer that Tyburn you used to be. A wizard loses his eyes, is no different from losing his life. I am actually shocked that you are still alive."

Balrog voice seems to hold some substances grazing skin, making me and the soldiers pain. But Tyburn is still answering as usual:

"So?"

"I had to agree with you, because there was no alternative. Blood for violence, this contract is also not bad. But for the present you, I only need one finger, I can eliminate you easily. "

"So what?"

"Send me back now. I am still complying with your agreement, so you also have to treat me in a honorary way."

Tyburn smiled, began to recite the spell, shook his arm, said:

"Go down, unlucky demon. Those adventurers have probably all ran away."

The Balrog disappeared in the dark smoke like how it appeared. There is again an acrid smell of sulfur.

After Balrog disappeared completely, the plain where we are only seems to restore to normal again, there is now the feeling of sun-drenched. When Balrog was here, although the sun was still shining, there was just a kind of feeling of night. Anyway, until it disappeared, I felt safe. I wanted to lay on the floor, but Tyburn immediately called me.

"Come on, my assistant. We have to tidy up the bodies of the taurens. The places they went through, we have to casts the magic traps again."

"Tyburn, my legs can't move now."

"Look, I actually have such a dishonest assistant. Should I replace you?"

"What are you talking about? In the end because of who so that you are still alive?"

"Ah? What does this mean?"

"Just when you were casting, a tauren threw the ax over! If it wan't me blocked it, you probably have been thrown into the ditch!"

Tyburn instantly showed a surprised expression. He asked the soldiers:

"You take a look. Any poleaxe around?"

"There is one."

Turner finished, and ran to pick up the poleaxe I blocked. His face became very confused.

"Very, very heavy huh?"

Tyburn giggled, and then said:

"So, Huchi is actually my savior? Alright! Tell me a wish, I will help you to achieve."

"Really?"

"But you might probably give some absurd wishes, so think about it thoroughly. Get the urgent things done first. What the corpses can attract, are not only flies."

1 comment: