Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.27)

The morning sun is rising.

At the dawn, we dropped down the baron in a remote area around the Renus City. The baron has already lost all his courage, he is completely like a zombie now. Even if he return to the city, he now has no property, no force We encouraged him to find a friend to help him, but he doesn't seem to have any friend. Revenge happily is the best thing, but look at his depressed face! We still feel very sorry. How would he not have even one friend?

I can probably understand the way of Karl's revenge. He induced the results which woulld be produced naturally from the Baron Silikian's characteristics. If Baron Silikian was a highly prestigious person, then no matter he disappears or not, he could still retain his property and prestige. Karl's revenge is to make the potential penalties happen, while a good person won't be damaged at all.

But this is very effective on Silikian. Hmm, Karl is a very scary person. Wehn I finished, Karl immediately laughed.

"You are right, Nedval. A person who commits crime, even if he didn't get any penalty that can be seen, he can't feel easy to live. Because the penalty would have been built up gradually within his heart. The so-called penalty doesn't happen anywhere else. If there is a wise judge, he will know the most appropriate penalties of criminals, already exists in the hearts of those criminals. I am just following this principle. "

Now we are in the middle of a mountain in the east of Renus, and we are camping here. Going to sleep when the sun is rising seems a bit strange, but because we haven't slept all night, so we can't move on.

While I am enjoying the morning sun, watching the vague lights of Renus City, I say:

"Renus, we have good memories there, bad memories also."

"This is the same no matter where it is. As long as it's a place where human lives, this's the same."

This was Karl's answer. I looked at Iruril.

Iruril is looking at the morning sun. Then she slowly closed her eyes slowly, facing the sunlight like a sunflower. The sunlight shining on her eyelashes is really beautiful. "Iruril? Can you compare human cities and elves cities?"

Iruril still closes her eyes, she said:

"Elves has no city."

"Then what is your point of view, as an elf, on human society? Frankly I am a bit worried, and a little ashamed. What is your opinion on our society?"

My question also attracted the attention of Karl and Sanson. Iruril said:

"Well ...... There are a lot of disappointments. There are also many amazing things, it is very difficult to define in one sentence. Although I only spent three days in that city, I feel like I've been there for 30 years. Does human usually live a day like that? "

"We certainly don't make every day that adventurous."

"Really? I was suspecting that was it because such intense life, so humans tend to have a short life. I especially couldn't imagine the behaviors you guys did last night...."

"Clever, right?"

Iruril smiled,. Then she opened her eyes and looked back.

"Yes, that's clever. Those clever acts, despite the virtue, only to express my feelings, they made me very jolly! This is a similar feeling to the sense of speed, very jolly, and comfortable. Oh, I don't know how to describe this in human words. 'Vibrant'? I don't know. "

"It's ok. We totally understand what you want to say."

I'm relieved. Iruril didn't give us any negative opinions. I was very worried that Iruril would think all humans are like the kind of Baron Silikian. I always thought humans were full of love. But after being together with other races, now I always feel that it will be great if human can be a little better, a little more elegant. I myself is a typical human.

Sanson said:

"Well! Let's sleep! We are all very tired."

Karl leaning against a tree, said:

"I didn't do much yesterday, I will guard. You quickly have a sleep!  We wasted three days, if we want to speed up, we must get enough rest ."

I had a dream, in the dream there was Jamini and my hometown Fief Heltant. Was that a nightmare?

※ ※ ※

Creak creak! That's the sound of stretching bones.

"Ah, when can we sleep on a bed again?"

While I was twisting the body, I said to myself. My bones sound scattered.

Karl leaning against the tree, is sleeping. Well, such a good guard! Sanson heard me talking and opened his eyes, then stood up. He looked at Karl and laughed, then he woke Karl up. Karl hurriedly explained that he fell asleep just now,  he is very sorry, but Sanson said with a smile:

"It doesn't matter. We all stayed up late, this is reasonable. Sleep there. It's not good to travel in the night, I think we should have a whole day of rest today here."

"Does time allows?"

"Originally we planned to finish everything in a month and a half, but we wasted three days in the Renus City, so we have around forty days left only. We have to have an audience with His Majesty the King, also to visit the Huritchell family, and to sell our fief, will there be enough time? "

"Forty days, only forty days .... Well, Percival,, I heard it takes a month to get into the palace." 

"Huh? Is the Palace so big?" 

"No, that's because it first from has to be reported to the officials, level to level, so it will take such a long tme. Fortunately I am a full-fledged deputy of Fief Heltant, what we have to report is about the king's dragon. So they should be able to arrange an audience with His Majesty the King for us immediately."

I interrupted and said: 

"But is it necessary for us to see His Majesty the King? As long as we tell the officials that Cathselprime was defeated, then they can transmit that to the King right?" 

"That could cause trouble. If it's something else, maybe we could do this, no, we do this for anything else, but the dragon is different. Wherever the dragon is, she is still the king's dragon. And Cathselprime for his Majesty the King, is a very important. His Majesty the King sent her to Fief Heltant directly. And Because it was sent by His Majesty directly, we have to report this directly to his Majesty, but not the officials under. "

"Oh! Really annoying. Is that very important?" 

"Very very important. In case His Majesty the King gets angry, we could be beheaded. The officials certainly don't want their heads chopped off." 

"Huh? Beheaded, that's death penalty?" 

Karl tittered. 

"Of course that will not be our case. Theoretically that could be a outcome, but we don't have to worry too much about it. The person in charge of operations the thane of Heltant, but we our thane has full transferred the command to Earl Huritchell. So responsibility of defeat should be on Earl Huritchell "

"So Karl you will be safe?" 

"Right, as long as we tell His Majesty:"Cathselprime was sent to support, but we were still defeated, we are really guilty, "His Majesty the King should forgive us, and then we will be fine. We have to this officially, and be recorded. Moreover I heard that his Majesty the King is very kind. After his elder brother being dethroned, when he became the Crown Prince, people were even excited about that. "

"Oh, really surprising." 

Karl took a deep breath and looked at me, then smiled. But he turned to a sad face again. 

"Only forty days... Reporting the lost war is not really a big problem. The really problem is how do we raise the money. That's what I'm worrying about. Even if Deacon Mr Hamel has huge talent, it's not possible o raise enough money within our fief, after all, the money is our responsibility. When we arrived the capital, we have to beg the King family, or beg the House of Lords, no matter what, we must raise the money. I brought all the tax right pleadings, we will sell them as the last resort."

Seeing Karl so worried, Sanson interrupted: 

"Well, we can find a way to return in a shorter time. Because I didn't traveled on these roads, I was planning by the map only, so It was a bit uneasy to plan the route. But we should get a little more familiar when we return, right? "

"You're right. I understand." 

Karl nodded, and then went into the blanket. He struggled in the blanket over and over again, distressed for a long time before he fell asleep. Sanson opened the luggage, took out the geography book, and then began looking at the map carefully. And me, I took out the basket Jusina gave us.

In the basket there are bread, beer, as well as cheese and fruits. Ha, That girl could say those funny words. What was that? Her own heart has been given stolen by a traveler? She will miss the traveler for her whole life? Ha ha ha! 

The large beer bottle is sealed tightly, it is sealed with wax. Once I opened the lid, a lot of foam came out, probably because just it was shook badly. After I drank a little, I gave it to Sanson, and then began to eat the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment