Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.25)

Sanson grasped Aphnaidel's head easily who had his eyes covered. Sanson folded his arms, and mounted the dagger on his neck.

"How are you! The very weak archmage."

That guy only opened his eyes and saw us then. His face suddenly turned shock.

"What is it.. Isn't there a fire? Who you are!"

"We are the people who shouted fire. Well, let's go inside, shall we?"

Sanson pushed that guy, then we entered into the room.

The light inside is on, what we can see is a mess. We can smell weird flavor everywhere,  rotten taste, oil, sulfur and so on, we almost needed to cover our noses. And there's a lot of clutter, such as fine iron powder, gold powder, crystal ball, sulfur, animal offal, animal hair etc., and there is even animal urine. The walls are covered a lot of weird stuffs like iron wire, rope, every shelf is filled with all kinds of bottles. Iruril frowned, then sent away Wisp.

After kneeling Aphnaidel on the ground, Sanson pulled off the cloth covering his face.

"You, it's you!"

Aphnaidel turned to a pale look. After we pulled off all our face covers, Aphnaidel made some breathless cough. Sanson said with a cunning smile:

"Do you want me to kill you first then torture you, or torture you first then kill you?"

Aphnaidel's face looks like a dead person now. I decided to get my things back first.

"Hey, give me back my OPG first. Where is it?"

"That thing. In the pot over there ......"

"What! In the pot?"

I panic and went over to see the stove. There is really a pot filled with water, and it is boiling (lot of things I've never seen are inside, the color and taste is simply awful), My OPG is floating in it. Oh my goodness! I used the iron clamps nearby to clip it up. Loads of dirty things are being brought up with it, around the fingers part of the glove, there is even a animal eyeball sticking on it. I have to curse!

"What the hell are you doing!"

"Doing, doing research ......"

"Do you want cook it and eat it? You are crazy!"

I put them in a bucket placed next to the pot, washed them roughly and shook a few times, after wiping them with a towel, I put them on my hands. Although there is no feeling, this thing originally feels like this. If I need to test i.... I picked up an iron bar on the wall and waved. As before, I can do it easily.

"Good, it's still working. But what did you want with it?" 

"I, I wanted to summon Orc as my Wizard Follower......" 

Wizard Follower? This time Iruril laughed. 

"Tha's ridiculous! Why would you want a Orc be your Wizard Follower? Actually where did you learn your magics?" 

Aphnaidel looked surprised. 

"You, you know how to look for a Wizard Follower?" 

"Didn't I cast 'Ice Wall' in front of you?I know that series of magic." 

"Can... Can you teach me ......" 

"Sure, according to the different types of followers you want to summon, there is different time constrain, so first you have to pick the creature's active period. Fill a brass stove with charcoal, then put some incense in, the incense must completely cover the charcoal's surface. While finishing the spell, you have to add incense several times. After that, put aloe and.... "

Sanson, Karl and I are all tongue-tied! We are watching Iruril saying these words calmly,  while Aphnaidel is carefully listening and writing notes. It feels like a really joyful lesson! During the lesson, we picked up the strange things of  Aphnaidel, played around while waiting. After Iruril finished her tutorial, she even helped him to write something on the note. 

After Aphnaidel finished, he looked at the piece of paper, made ​​a satisfied expression. 

"That sentence is right! Elves are different from humans, elves are really at teaching magic!" 

Iruril also smiled slightly. 

"Learning a new magic is very precious. But the cost is your life." 

After Aphnaidel heard this, the piece of paper in his hands fell to the ground. His scared face makes us very happy. Iruril is really a very calm person. She said coldly: 

"You have accepted the things I just taught, so now I have accept the cost. You should not have any objection, right?" 

Iruril pulled out her piercing sword. Aphnaidel moved back a few steps, stumbled and fell to the ground. He is like a poplar leaf in the wind, constantly trembling, he said: 

"Please, please don't kill me....." 

"You used your childish magics, helped the baron to oppress the citizens of this city. And this way it also had your own desires satisfied. You felt quite happy right? Uphinel gives a rule to this world, no matter what you do, you must pay the price, how can you not know? Uphinel made ​​the balance, and Helkanes made ​​the mass. Your balance is too tilted. now we should make it balanced. Your live would be the mass! "

Iruril's voice was calm, as if she was talking about the weather tomorrow. However, in the ears of Aphnaidel, it could be the world's most horrible voice. Aphnaidel continued to retreat, until he hit the wall. Iruril then slowly moved forward. 

Suddenly Aphnaidel growled loudly: 

"You said I had my desires satisfied!" 

Iruril looked surprised. Aphnaidel is crying and shouting: 

"Damn! Human wizards are not like you elves, they don't just teach magics so generously! I learned a decade and I am only level two!I have paid tons of time to serve them! "

"You should understand the magic is not easy to learn and use." 

"But I still can't bear! I can't bear to dedicate all my young time to that decrepit old man, so I ran! But with my level two magics, all I can do is to serve these filthy profiteers! "

Iruril is quietly watching him, she said: 

"For humans, in order to learn magics, the time needs to spend is too long." 

"Yes! We're not elves! The desires of young men, we have to give them all up, we can only dedeicate to magic. When we become a useful wizard, we will almost be in the age of stroke! I don't want that, so I ran away! Desire? Oh! Is that desire? Yes, indeed, life has became very easy.I just had to moderately tortured those who the Baron specified. Yeah, kid! As you said, I throw them ropes, throw them bones, but, but I always feel uncomfortable. I don't know when would I encounter a better wizard. I am afraid that people would eventually find out I am very good wizard. so I claimed myself a Archmage, and even wearing those ugly robes! However I couldn't stand this too. After all, I am a wizard! I miss those magical research. So I started doing research every day, I tried to creat magics I have never heard of, I tried to experiment..... "

So that's why Aphnaidel took my OPG, to create magics. Karl tried to ask him: 

"Did you go back and find your teacher?" 

"I am too ashamed.. I can't go back. Whenever I think of my dissolute life, I know I can't go back." 

Aphnaidel bowed his head, he is crying. Iruril looked at him, and put away the piercing sword. Aphnaidel heard the sound of the scabbard, he quickly looked up. 

"Uphinel and Helkanes created time." 

Aphnaidel wiped his tear, looked at Iruril. Iruril said to him: 

"Time is absolute, and it can't be changed. But we can utilize time." 

Iruril smiled slightly.
"I will leave your time to you. Please take advantage of it. Balance your tilted balance by yourself. Please look back, and change your days ahead." 

Aphnaidel's face finally appeared hope. He kept bowing to the ground, and said: 

"Thank you! Thank you!" 

Sanson and I looked at each other, then shrugged. 

"Really, Iruril solved everything. We don't have to do anything anymore." 

"Yes, if it were me, I would relentlessly beat his ass. When I quietly waited half a day there, I wasn't expecting this!" 

Iruril heard me and said with a smile: 

"Huchi, I'm sorry." 

"No, you don't have to say sorry to me, I am very happy with this. But you must leave us the baron. Hey! Aphnaidel?" 

Aphnaidel is still bowing. Until I urged  him once again, he stood up. I said to him: 

"Well, Iruril handled you. But it will be a little different for the Baron. Come with us."


No comments:

Post a Comment