Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.21)

"This is ridiculous!"

I am furious, and once again bumped into the iron railings. But the iron railing didn't even move a bit, I fell to the ground. Damn, now my OPG has gone. Sanson looked at me and said:

"If you try to escape, then you will became a real criminal, Huchi."

"Well, aren't treating us like criminals already?"

Sanson still holds his suffering face, sitting in the corner and didn't answer. Karl is also showing a very unhappy expression, he talked to Cherine who came to visit:

"Well, where is the guard captain called Rynin ?"

 "In the charge of negligence, he lost his pension as the punishment."

"My God! Negligence?"

"I am surprised too."

Cherine told us the story, but he seems to be more angry than us. I frantically grabbed the iron railings again, violently shaking. But after being kicked by Sanson, I fell again.

"Dude! Stop muttering like a pig, like, can you stay quiet for a while?"

"We are in such a depressing situation, how can I possibly keep the dignity of the human being?"

Subsequently, Jusina who followed Cherine called me.

"Ah, Huchi..... Drink this, I have no other ways to help you. I secretly brought this here. Whenever I think of you suffering...."

Jusina spoke, while took a small bottle out from her pocket. Although I said aloud: "You think I am a drunkard?" "It is the first time I ever been in the jail, but that doesn't mean I am fallen to this extent!" kind of words, I still took over the wine bottle. Jusina saw my actions and giggled.

One I opened the lid of the bottle, I felt lightheaded. This wine seems really strong. I took a sip, then gave it to Sanson without saying anything. After Sanson took the bottle near his nose, he sniffed and shook his head. 

I started stroking my hot cheek and said: 

"The horrible scary guy has gone. Thank you, Jusina." 

"If it could help you to cool down, it would be great." 

"But I'm sorry, it didn't really help. In the end why things became like this?" 

Things treally should have been different. We arrived the city hall, all our weapons were taken away immediately, they even take away my OPG. Then we were shut in prison. At that time I still thought we were just being held temporarily, once the investigation is complete they would let us go. So I was even very pleased, as I got the change to visit prison the first time ever in my life. But it's been two days and we haven't heard a single word for the government.

 However, on this second night, Cherine came to visit us, and told us that fake Baron called Silikian had already been released, and the guard captain Rynin who arrested him was disciplined. Moreover, the municipal government doesn't seem to intend to investigate. Cherine said it might be Baron Silikian's decision to get rid of us.

I scratched my hair, and then said: 

"Wait a minute, what about Iruril? Where is Iruril now? Iruril is an elf, I don't think they can lock her up?" 

Cherine is very depressed and said: 

"The elf is not Vyseus citizens, so she is not officially locked up, But you guys are actually in the same situation. All of you are jailed without clear charges. In fact you are not on the criminal list, so you don't even exist. We in fact didn't come in the name of visiting you, but in the name of sightseeing the prison. Do you understand? "

"Dam....." 

"You should feel lucky. No one can even get close to the elf now. We heard from the jailer that she is bottom locked in the bottom floor, her situation could be even worse than you. And they are afraid her casting magics, they even don't give meals to her. In a rugged stone chamber, monitored by soldiers 24 hours. "

"Oh my God! They can just prevent her from memorizing spells in the morning, can't they?" 

"Summoning fairy doesn't need the memorization process...." 

"Damn!"

I kicked the stone wall. Of course, the result is my foot hurted. If I had OPG, I would able to punch through these walls, go out and beat those guys. Karl said with a sad voice: 

"Cherine, so it sounds like we can not expect a fair verdict, right?" 

"Sounds....Yes." 

"Really, we are in a tight schedule. And Miss Sereniel also delayed her schedule because of us, not only that, but she is suffering from this pain.... These people are extremely abominable!" 

Cherine's face looks bad. He has already filed a complaint to the mayor, he is also looking to manufacture a public protest, but he doesn't look confident on the result. 

After Cherine and Jusina left, I kept thinking. Now I can't stand it any more. Break out! We must, we must break the prison! But how to prison break? I looked at only window here. The window panes are made ​​of stone, even without these panes, the window is too small, it's impossible to escape from there. Now, through this window, we can see the starry night sky. 

"Damn it, give me that, Sanson." 

I took the bottle from Sanson's hand, and began drinking. Huh? The prison ceiling started moving, looks like the prison will soon be collapsed, then we will be free. Freedom! Muhahah ha ha! 

Alright. I am sticking my fever cheek on the cold stone wall, I started grinding and talking to myself: 

"This will not ned well, If we get locked here for months, everything will fall apart . If we can't raise enough money, then Amurtaat will kill our thane and the Earl, and those prisoners. Deacon Hamelhow won't find any other way to raise the money. "

Heard me muttering voice, Sanson and Karl's face became melancholy. Although this is the fact that they all know, but they can't do anything about it. Should I keep grinding the wall with my cheek, until the prison wall gets worn out? 

A funny face appeared in the only window here. Ah, the face really looks interesting. I think I am too drunk. Why would I see a head with long grass on it, a child with a middle-age face?

 "Butter!" 

I reluctantly lowered my voice. He is the halfling who called Duhon Butter. Duhon straightened up a finger in front of his mouth, it is meant to keep us quiet. Sanson quickly moved to the iron railing and monitoring outside, Karl and I approached to the window. 

The prison where we are is underground, so the window is on the same level as the ground outside. Hence Duhon put some hay on his back, and laid on the floor. Outside is the City Hall courtyard, he probably dressed like this in order to not be found. Duhon whispered: 

"Gentlemen, if I get caught, we would be all done. So we make it quickly and easily. Get you out, how much are you willing to pay?" 
 
Karl was surprised for a moment and then replied: 

"How much? Ah, how much do you want?" 

Duhon laughed. When he opened his mouth , something came down to hit Duhon's head. 

"Bastard! I knew it!" 

We are caught! The guards found out. We are done. But all Duhon doesn't look surprised at all. Instead, he quickly stretched his hand to the side, as if to let another person to lay on the ground. After a second, another beard face appeared next to Duhon

"Axelhand?" 

It's the dwarf we encountered on the "Bridge of Dozen". Duhon quickly move the haystack to Axelhand's back, he is accusing Axelhand if a barely hear-able voice. 

"Hey, what are you doing Why shout so loud? Do you think we are in dwarves' mine? This is a prison, prison!" 

"Really funny. So the righteous people are inside the prison, the bad guys are outside the prison, Is that what Human does?" 

We heard Axelhand's words, Karl seems to blush as a human representative. But I didn't blush for that. Because my face are already red because of alcohol. I asked Axelhand: 

"Why are you here?" 

"I am here to save you, I don't what human's rule is, but for dwarves, righteous people stay outside the prison, bad guys stay in jail, so I sent this little bad guy over, but I knew that he would play tricks, so I followed and had a look. But looks like you are doing pretty well in the prison, aren't you? I can even smell alcohol. "

I didn't listen to his long words. The first sentence is the most important. 

"You come to save us? Prison break?" 

"Yes I am." 

"How?" 

"This little bad guy will help. Hey, quickly tell us your plan!" 

Duhon clicked his forehead, and groaned. 

"Dwarf.... Please, can you keep your voice down?"

No comments:

Post a Comment