Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.11)

Not only the beer, even the dishes here are very tasty. We (Karl is excluded) devoured all the dishes, the halfling next to us began to suspect that we contain dwarves blood.

After the dinner, we were taken to our room.

It's a large room with four beds, but we only have three people, so there is one extra bed. Hence Sanson and I threw our bags on the bed, and kindly asked the luggage to take a good rest, and then we went down to the lobby again. The mellow taste of the beer is still lingering in my head at the moment. Karl said he wanted to lie on the bed, so only two of us came down.

The lobby is very spacious, it has a low ceiling like the dining hall. The whole ground floor of this building is very short, and this is a matter of course. Wooden buildings with a lot of floors, are not like castles which can be built to a very great height, because beams and columns will be broken. Fortunately, this low ceiling doesn't make people feel stuffy, but elegant with the bright-colored wall.

The time Sanson and I came down was quite late, so we couldn't get a good seat near the fireplace. But the weather is not very cold, so it doesn't matter. We chose a seat by the window, and began to enjoy the rye beer. People are talking, there are also gent singing voices. I looked around.

Here except the halfling named Duhon and another halfing, all the others are humans. I paid particular attention to the halflings. Because our village is like Amurtaat's front yard, that's a place that halfings don't want to live in. If it is not human, who would want to live in a village like that anyway? So I have rarely seen a halfling.

I heard that halfling's feet are super hairy. Duhon Butter is now lying his feet on the table, and talking to his friend excitedly.

"Did yous visit the arena today? Damn, I thought that guy could survive. "

"Why would you do such a ridiculous bet? Nobody would bet on that guy."

"Well I might win a higher bonus by doing so! "

What are they talking about? Anyway, to say whether that is kind of skill, that is certainly a kind of skill. I admire them much. The table Duhon at is a human table, which is too tall for him, so Duhon put a bucket on the chair, and then sat on it. He also put his feet to on the table, in order to get balance. And he is drinking with a beer mug which is as big as his head. After he drank certain amount, it seems he is almost falling backwards, that put me on tenterhooks.

Besides them, Jusina put a candle on the table in a corner of the lobby, she is now calculating with an abacus while writing something. Is that an account book? Jusina seemed to notice that I was looking at her, she lifted her head a bit, and suddenly bowed her head again. Sigh, although she is a stranger to me, our relationship became like this, it still makes me feel bad. Soon, Jusina heard someone ordering, she picked up the wooden plate and quickly ran towards the dining hall.

"With such tasty beers, I really don't want to leave." Sanson said.

I laughed and replied:

"So can we stay here tomorrow?"

"No, we have to hurry. We are not leisure travelers."

"Ah, we have people in hometown waiting for us. When these things are over, I would like to travel around the entire continent once."

"So you have already tried the taste of travel."

"Yeah. If it's not this incident, I would never know such magical places like the Bridge of Dozen. And I'm sure there're more bizarre things that I don't know. I have never had such a feeling before. Now suddenly I get to see so many things I don't know, think about it, if I had not seen them, that would be a great pity!"

"Even you want to try everything on the world, how can we have enough long life to do so? I think there is no need to feel pity for the things you haven't tried. It more important to enjoy the things you experienced."

"Thank you! You are right. I only wish to enjoy all the things I experienced. Say a horse and Sanson riding on me at the same time..."

"Shut up!"

"Actually why did you make the same mistake twice in the morning and at noon?"

"I don't know! Really, why did I say that? If I meet Iruril again, I will really be mad. Though we will not meet again."

"Your judgment is too hasty."

"Huh? "

"Look at the entrance. Really surprising! Meeting a person three times in a day without any appointment beforehand...., how do you say that again?"

Sanson quickly turned to see, then moaned a few times. The other guests in the lobby are also looking towards the entrance. Iruril is standing there.

Iruril's black hair under the reflection of the light looks like black and red waterfall scattered on the shoulders. Iruril looked around, and then stopped her sight on us. Her eyes are a little bigger.

Iruril walked toward us. She put her luggage on the table, sat down and said:

"Really surprising! Without any appointment beforehand, meeting a person three times in a day, I shall consign my life to this person."

Right, right! That's the statement! Without any appointment beforehand, meeting the same person three times in a single day, even they are separated by the whole mainland, they will eventually meet again, so they absolutely can't be enemies. In case they are enemies, they won't be able to escape from each other and will get killed, so theirs life is each other's. If they are friends, under any circumstances, they will help each other out, so theirs life can also be said it's each other's.

Iruril said the same sentence that I was thinking of. I laughed and asked her:

"Who said that?"

"You seem to ask me about human words often. This was said by King Rhuterino, when he was in the Central Avenue, meeting Handrake the Archmage three times in a single day."

"We are now also meeting three times in the Central Avenue ha. Oh, did you get a horse? How come you could get here so fast?"

"Horse is for human roads. I ran through the forest."

Well, there is a saying, don't race with dwarves underground, don't race with elves in the forest. Wow! She runs really fast! Sanson very carefully said:

"Hmm, really happy to see you again, Iruril, are you going to stay in this hostel tonight?"

"Yes, I like the sign here. And I recalled the things happened today with you, and I came to take a look. I did not expect to see you again."

At this time, Jusina came over and pouted:

"Madam, are you with them?"

"No, but I know them. I also want to spend the night here, do you have a room?"

"Of course. Do you want it now?"

"No, I would like to chat with them first. Can you give me a beer please?"

Jusina nodded, and then went away. She is looking at me with strange eyes, as if questioning in the end what is this guy, why does he have such a strength, and even is a friend of elves. Then I saw the other guests, seemed to be because we know the black-haired beautiful elf suddenly appears, became more interested in watching us.

Honestly, I quite like these sights. I asked Iruril:

"Where are you going? Ah, I don't have any reason to ask, just curiosity."

"I am going to the Dellhapha Harbor."

Where is that? I looked Sanson, Sanson stopped a while and said:

"Oh, then you will go across the capital, right?"

"I will go across the capital of Human."

"Oh, then, although it's my third request, would you like to join us?"

Wow, this is the third time. If Iruril says she has no horse again, then how would Sanson answer? But I am very disappointed, Iruil didn't say things like she has no horse.

"In the afternoon when I was walking in the woods, I thought a lot. Seems that I may be able to learn a lot of things from you, so I regretted that I did not join you."

Iruril suddenly shocked a bit, then tranced:

"Did I just say the word 'Regret'? "

"What?"

"Regret... I've actually learned that much. In the past, I would never change my mind. Now I have learned to desire those things I couldn't reach. Now I actually talk like humans."

I can't understand these words, so I kept silence. Iruril went on to say:

"I refused twice, yet you proposed again, I am really grateful, Sanson. I will travel with you to the capital. But  I need to find a horse first."

Sanson's face... I don't even want to mention. This playboy! Just wait until I return to hometown! Can my mouth keep secrets? Of course not!

Iruril finished her beer and went to the second floor. Sanson is still unconscious due to excitement, after he noticed my face he quickly coughed, finally began to control himself a bit. I tried to make an unhappy face, then said:

"You are fascinated. Else you are pretending to be fascinated!"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, the third possibility. You aren't neither fascinated nor pretending to be fascinated, it's just me who thinks you are fascinated? Really strange!"

"Huchi! Stopping saying crap! Finish the beer and go. We should sleep earlier. Get up earlier tomorrow morning to buy some food, kerosene, and other supplements, it will be very busy."

"That won't matter. Karl and I will handle those things. You understand horses the most among us, so you should go to help Iruril to choose a horse."

"Really? You guys will handle all those things?"

Sanson stared at me happily for a while, finally realized that he fell into my trap. Sigh, even Jamini won't be faked by this simple words. Sanson is really like an ogre, not just strength, but mind!

After we entered our room on the second floor, I saw Karl sitting on the bed reading a book. We haven't had beds and candles for a long time, so only just now he could start reading, but I guess he must be reading some boring academic books.

Karl only reads that kind of book. When traveling shouldn't it be more suitable to read a novel, right?

"What book is this?"

Karl closed the book, then said:

"Some kind of wizards biographies. The book title is too long, so I won't bother mentioning. I would like to find out Tyburn Highseeker who built the Bridge of Dozen, but I don't see his name here. Although it is not like a name list of wizards, I thought after making such a great achievement, he must be a very famous wizard."

"Really? Oh, right, we met Iruril downstairs."

Karl's eyes are very surprised.

"She is in this hostel?"

"Yes."

"Really surprising! There is a saying that, meeting a person three times a day without any appointment beforehand, you should dedicate your life on this person."

"King Rhuterino said that, right? Iruril said the same thing. Sanson made his third furious invitation, she finally agreed to travel with us. "

"Percival, she really wants to go with us?"

Karl asked Sanson, and Sanson nodded. Karl laughed.

"Although that's nice, traveling with... Eh, nevermind. Percival arranges our trip, we should respect Percival's decision."

Karl agreed without any objection, Sanson looks very happy because of that.

Later, because Sanson and I haven't enjoyed wallowing on a bed for a long time, we kept throwing pillows at each other, rolling under the sheets, and jumping on the beds. If Karl didn't stop us, we would probably play for a whole night.

No comments:

Post a Comment