Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Friday, February 1, 2013

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.10)

The western sky behind us is turning red, the land in front of us is glowing dark, we are about to enter the night. Far far away, when the lights of the city have all lit, we have already passed through the Hudyne Ridge, we are heading towards the plains. In the chilly evening air, twinkling lights in front of our eyes, we are naturally urging the horses to run straight-up forward.

After a while, the city appeared. This city is much larger than our hometown Heltant. One of the characteristics is the huge river surrounding the city. This is the confluence place of the Hudyne River. Around the rivers there is a vast wilderness. Along with the night, we saw the cattle and the shepherd boy returning. Sanson told me that the name of this city is Renus. Because it is located at the westernmost of the Mid Glade, so it can be said that it's playing the role of a gateway city of the Hudyne Ridge, hence it became such a metropolis.

Under the dark sky without a trace of evening sunlight, we entered Renus.

After passing through the Hudyne River, we crossed a bridge that leads to the entrance of Renus, the lights of the city seem to become warmer in order to welcome us. We walked along the main road of the city, then turned into a road lined with taverns and guesthouses. I don't know whether it's because here is a gateway city, there are a lot of hostels.

I looked around and said:

"How do we choose a better hostel?"

"Of course you ask people."

I nodded, then asked a middle-aged man passing by.

"Excuse me! I would like to ask something. We are travelers, where is the best hostel of this city?"

The middle-aged man raised his hand, pointing to a sign. It says "Hostel of Dozen".

"Lived over there, no matter where will you be on the land, you will be able to share good memories of this city."

"Ah, thank you."

I nodded then turned to Karl:

"The Hostel of Dozen? So if we don't have 12 people, we won't be served? "

"I'm afraid that's unlikely to happen. They may just be copying the name of the Bridge of Dozen I guess."

So we headed towards the hostel. The hotel is located a little further next to the main road. Once we got close to the hostel we could see a quite large backyard. The front of the hostel is built from wood, with elegant windows. It's a four-storey building.

We got off from the horses, walked to the hostel entrance.

Bang!

What was that? I am scared and stepped back. Then a heavyset man ran from the hotel entrance in a panic. Then, a bucket flew out from the hostel immediately and hit the man in the hind-brain. Whew!

The man fell forward, rolled down the stairs in front of the door. Really amazing! But soon a sharp cry came.

"If you have died, lie there, if you haven't, also lie there! Because I am going to make you die!"

But the man was not stupid, he got up and ran away immediately. And we are scared and looking at each other.

Sanson spoke first:

"Looks like we chose the wrong place."

Karl also nodded worriedly. But after a blink of eye, there is a girl coming out from the main entrance, holding another bucket. The girl ran down the stairs, nearly bumped into Sanson. Sanson was scared and walked back a few steps, The girl glanced Sanson, and then glanced the two of us. She is a blond girl in similar age as me.

"You are here for meal and sleep?"

"Any other special services?"

The girl heard my answer, deliberately picked up the bucket and said:

"Of course you can also eat this. But didn't you see someone ran out hurriedly just now? Okay, forget that. He must have run far away. You got three horses and three people, right? Please come in. Leave the horses here. Hugh! Come on, quick! Take the horses to the stables to get them tied, any of these need to change their horseshoes? Seems not. Looks like they run good! Hugh! Be careful of your head if you still don't hurry up! Why aren't you guys coming in? What you are doing? Do I have to prepare a red carpet in front of you? Hugh! You! You are so slow, are you useless? Take the horses! Quick! Horses follow Hugh, men follow me!"

Now the horses have fallen into their hands, seems that we must go in? Sanson and I heard her words, took a deep breath and followed her. Karl with a helpless face, smiled and came with us. Once we entered the hall the girl asked:

"Wine, food, bath, sleep, toilet? "

It's really hard to understand the question. I managed to find out that she is asking which one out of those five we want to do now. So I answered:

"The former two."

Under the guidance of the girl we entered the dining hall. The dining hall is quite dark, so we were unable to see clearly, but when our eyes adapted to darkness, we found that this is a very broad place. A light is hung from the ceiling, under the light some people looked at us carelessly, then went back to their own business.

It's quite noisy here. We were like pushed by the girl and sat down at a table, the girl immediately disappeared after shouting at someone else on another table. But soon enough, the woman took some huge beer mugs and appeared again. Those are foaming rye beer, the yellow foam are shining under the lights. That girl is literally throwing the mugs. The mugs are falling on the table and issuing loud sound. Surprisingly not even a single drop splashed out.

"What do you want to eat? You can order whatever you want, I guess I don't have to explain anymore?"

Sanson sheepishly said:

"Do you have chicken?"

"Didn't I say you can order anything you want? One chicken, and?"

"Pork pies and sesame cakes. "

Karl ordered. Sanson also picked up his courage and ordered again.

"Well, then I will get pork pies, plus meatballs and pancakes, but can you remember them all?"

"I can remember 'all' only after that kid ordered. Lad, what are you going to get?"

She is similar to my age, but keeps calling me a kid. Of course I don't feel good. Didn't she say I can order anything? I pouted, and then said:

"Dragon meat pie."

The eyes of the girl immediately sharpened up. I smiled and continued:

"Stew Gargoyle Wings, I especially like the wings. Roast Orcs Loin and Giant Flea soup. For dessert I want Water Element juice and Black Slime pudding. I haven't got a pudding for a long long time."

The girl said angrily.

"Hey, kid, do you know why that big man escaped like that?"

"Why?"

"Because he said he wanted to drink my milk."

Sanson suddenly blushed, and turned his head away, Karl also lowered his head. But I am looking at the girl with my very kind eyes and asked:

"Can I have one too?"

"Tired of living?"

The girl slammed the table, the guests around are all looking at us. A guest with a very tiny body murmured:

"Hey, Jusina can't even be patient for five minutes, she is about to fight again!"

I looked at the man. He is really short, even looks like Sanson's 8-years-old brother. But from his face, he looks a lot older. Halfling? I turned to the aggressive girl.

"So Jusina is your name?"

"Kid! If you piss off Jusina here, you will become the thirteenth!"

"The thirteenth? "

"This hostel is called the Hostel of Dozen. We don't need the thirteenth! I mean you will get your ass kicked out of the house!"

"Is this little girl the boss of this place?"

Jusina's cheek is twitching. Although the time we spent with this girl is not very long, that expression shows that her anger is about to explode. She is holding a plate with mugs on it. She suddenly lifted the plate.

Phew!

I really want to yawn. Even the Orc's machete can move faster. I blocked the plate pounding to my head, and pulled it back softly. Of course, Jusina who lost her plate is now looking at me with astonished eyes. All the other people in the dining place stopped talking and looked at us. Nice, it's much more quiet.

I am spinning the wooden plate with my fingertips and said:

"Oi, Jusina, I asked someone for a recommended hostel, he actually recommended such an unfriendly one, what could be the reason?"

Karl with a smile leaned back on the chair and drank the rye beer. Sanson who is so hungry with a dying face is now looking at me.

"Dude! Just order quickly, so that I can fill my stomach, can't you?"

"Well, I did order, but this young lady wants to hit me with this thing."

"Isn't that because you ordered some ridiculous things!"

Weapon snatched away, the overwhelmed Jusina said:

"You! You are an adventurer? I see you have a bit strength, so you are trying to be rude on me, aren't you?"

"Speaking of rude, you are the one who behaved rudely first. "

Jusina didn't want to listen to what I said, turned away and shouted:

"Brother!"

Whoops! She really got so many tricks. Why didn't she simply call out her dad? I expected a four cubits tall big man, with a ferocious and grim face.

My expectation is only partially right.

From the kitchen there is really a four cubits tall big man coming out, almost as big as Sanson. His face, however, is covered by big beard , so can't tell it's ferocious or not. His beard is really rich! He walked over, the low ceiling now looks even lower. The light hanging from the ceiling almost hit his head. The man wiped his hands with his pron, and then said:

"Why call me out?"

Huh? The voice sounds pretty young! Although he looks old because of the beard, in fact he can't be too old. Maybe around Sanson's age? Anyway, since he is the brother of the young girl, he could be very young. Jusina said with a righteous expression to me :

"Order again in front of my brother."

Why not! I crossed my arms, looked at the man and said:

"Dragon meat pie, Stew Gargoyle Wings, Roast Orcs Loin, Giant Flea Soup. Water Element Juice and Black Slime Pudding for dessert."

Ha, what will be flying over this time? Firstly a bucket, then a plate, what could be next? How exciting! However, I found the man's eyes are with a smile.

"Sorry sir. The ingredients just ran out. Would you mind ordering something else?"

Hum! That's quite a gracious answer. This gives me an opportunity to clean up my joke! I should also answer graciously.

"Then I'll get pork pies and chicken, sesame cakes, coupled with meatballs and pancakes. We'll drink the beer first, so you can take your time to prepare."

"Yes sir."

The man immediately walked away. Jusina with a funny face chased after.

"Brother! That kid was fooling..."

"I heard what you just yelled. You are calling him a kid, but in fact he is as old as you."

"What, what!"

Jusina continued talking to her brother while he walked into the kitchen. I laughed, then leaned on my chair. This is really a pair of ridiculous siblings. Well, the brother is nice, but the sister is very ridiculous.

"Why would someone recommend this place?"

Karl said with a smile:

"I think I know the reason."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Please try the beer in front of you."

I tilted my head, then picked up the huge mug and moved it to my mouth. One, ah? Two, Huh? Three, Ah! Glou-glou.

"Wow, ha, wow!"

Sanson who was with a painful expression because of hunger, saw my sudden change of mood, also picked up his rye beer and drank. Sanson's eyes suddenly widened.

"Oh, it tastes really good!"

Sanson and I finished the two-pint mugs in a glance. Even someone like me who doesn't understand wine thinks it tastes good. I asked Sanson whether he wants another one, and then shouted at the kitchen.

"Oi! Jusina! Give us two more beers!"

Jusina ran over from the kitchen like a dashing wild boar.

"How dare you speak to me with such a command tone!"

"The mighty noble lady Jusina, may I have the honor to get two cups of delicious rye beer from you?"

Of course, I was not trying to praise her. Jusina immediately raised her eyebrows angrily:

"What? Are you making jokes on me?"

She lost her temper again. In the end why is this lady so dissatisfied, how come she gets offended so easily? Why so aggressive? The other guests in the dining are looking forward to the second round showdown and watching us.

"Hey, Jusina, I would like to ask you a question, seriously. Did you just break up with your boyfriend?"

Laughter burst in the dining hall . And Jusina is now grabbing my throat. Oh my God! Now I have no way to speak, so I can only stare at Jusina. If she were in our village, she's absolutely a smelly bitch that no one wants, even Jamini wouldn't be so rude. Zero mark!

I finally said in a broken voice:

"I'm done! Take your hands off now, otherwise you'll regret! "

"Then give it a try!"

Can this be tough? I grabbed Jusina's waist and lifted her up, because I often practice with Jamini, and I got OPG, so I feel that her weight is even lighter than a beer mug. I threw Jusina up like a child, then caught her back (I try not to let her hitting the ceiling, but that's difficult). People in the dining hall started screaming.

"Mum!"

Jusina is struggling like drowning people, and then fell down towards me.

"Am I your mum? Then please be a good girl!"

Jusina although fell down quickly, I'm still able catch her on her waist, she is hanging in midair. Jusina kicked my chest a few times, but I couldn't feel hurt even when my horse kicked me before. I ignored this, warned Jusina:

"If you can stop attacking me, I will quietly put you down. Otherwise my action will be more brutal, whether you believe it or not, I have the record of throwing Orcs 60 cubits away. "

"Liar!"

I turned to Sanson, Sanson said.

"Miss, what he said is true. During the day at the Bridge of Dozen he saw four Orcs, they were unable to cross the bridge because they had insufficient number. In the end he threw them all over, so those Orcs could cross the Hudyne Valley. But hey Huchi, put her down, what are you doing man? "

I obediently put down Jusina. Jusina is staring at me with bitterly eyes, but now she knows my strength so she doesn't dare to do anything. I handed out the empty mugs, and then said:

"If you can take us some beer, I'll appreciate much, and then drink quietly. Peace, okay?"

Jusina picked up the mugs and then ran away swiftly. I took a deep breath, sat on my chair.

"What a rude girl! She actually grabbed my throat!"

"Well, I was astounded too. Maybe she turned into this after working in this bustling hostel."

"No, that should be her raw personality."

The halfling on the table next to us then spoke:

"Excuse me, is what you said really true? You really threw the Orcs across the Hudyne valley?"

"Yes, it's true. Thanks to those Orcs we could make up the number to cross the bridge. So we had to send them back."

The halfling's eyes are blinking, and said:

"Oh, really incredible! If it's not a giant, it is impossible to throw a person over a distance like the Hudyne Valley. Ah, my name is Duhon • Butter."

"My name is Huchi Nedval. You name is Butter? Really a special surname, does your family make butter?"

"That is not my surname, but my nickname."

"Oh, is that?"

At this time, Jusina came back. The huge beer mugs are still being thrown on the table forcefully, but she didn't even throw me a glance.

"Thank you!"

Jusina then fiercely stared me in the face, and then walked away. Really a rude girl.

"Despite the quality of the beer here,  the service is really bad. With that kind of girl here, how do they do business?"

The halfling named Duhon laughed and said:

"Jusina is in fact a very kind girl. She is different from her appearance. She thinks that she is already a grown up woman, being thrown around by a man she first met, how could her mood be good?"

"She provoked me first."

Duhon laughed, and continued to eat. I started relaxing and began to enjoy the beer slowly.

That's because I am not good at drinking, and I don't want to get Jusina here again. But Sanson has already finished another mug. He is really an ogre.

Sanson looked at me, I said without any hesitation:

"I definitely won't get that damn girl here again. Do it by youself."

※ ※ ※

No comments:

Post a Comment