Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.3)

This elf although is not as tall as Sanson, she is at least as tall as Karl. I've never seen such a black hair. The black hair is tied behind her head. The eyes on her white face are also black. She is wearing a white female smock, with a bronze leather coat on it, didn't buckle up the front, so we can see its a white smock inside. She is wearing a leather pants with the same color, but on her left waist there is a very thin estoc, and there is also a dagger near her left thigh. Why does she put two swords on the same side? On the right is ... there is a quiver hung near her right hip. Looking closely, I found a composite bow in her backpack.

This is the first time in my life to see an elf. I observed her appearance thoroughly. Just like what the stories say, indeed, she is really a beautiful woman. However, for my own preference, it would be better if she was smaller. This female elf is tall, slim, her legs are long too. If to use a tree to describe her, she is a cedar. But I like cypress a little bit more. A shorter body, a narrower shoulder, neck better not to be so long too... Ahh, why am I describing the appearance of Jamini. Damn.

Don't know if she noticed that I was immersed in my own imagination, that elf nodded and said:

"My name is Iruril Sereniel. I heard the voices of Orcs, so I came over to have a look."

"I am Sanson Percival. Nice to meet you."

Karl just nodded and said: "I'm Karl." I was thinking something else, so I hurriedly introduced myself. Whenever each of us introduced ourselves, the elf Iruril would gently nod her head. After the introductions, Iruril said:

"So gentlemen, are you human travelers?"

Karl said:

"Yes. Don't know whether Miss Sereniel understands human affairs much or not, we're on the way to the capital to visit the king. This is for reporting an affair happened in where we live."

"I see."

"So is Miss Sereniel also a traveler?"

"Please call me Iruril. I am a traveler."

Then Sanson said hurriedly:

"Ah... That... Please take a seat. Oi, Huchi, fill some water in the kettle. "

Well, fine. My sleepiness has totally disappeared anyway, it's good to have some tea. Iruril sat down after saying some thank you words. Well, it seems that sometimes elves can be quite cheeky too. I took out a cup and said:

"Excuse me, you had been watching us since the beginning?"

"Yes."

"So you wanted to help us? Then I am glad to offer this tea to you."

"You said who I wanted to help?"

Huh? I suddenly can't answer. Iruril is an elf, not a human. She doesn't seem to have any reason to help human. My words were actually based on my own perception, so Iruril seemed to be accusing me of it. But I've already said it, I must go on.

"You are more similar to us, right?"

"Similar... If Gnolls fight with Orcs, Mr Nedval, which side will you help?"

Ah, I suddenly feel that if I get the wrong answer, I will be tricked miserably. If I say that I won't help both sides, then Iruril must answer so is she. I hope Karl and Sanson help me to answer, and I turned and looked at them, but Karl is just watching us with great interest, and doesn't seem to be trying to help me, Sanson has been staring at the face of Iruril . Damn! How can this man be like this? Intertwined with the hometown girl, just left for a few days, actually became like this!

I put some tea into the kettle, began to say while washing the cups:

"If that's the case... Uh! I don't know, for me there is a line. Inside the line it's friend, outside the line it's unrelated to me. And please call me Huchi. "

"Then what is the line, Huchi?"

"It's whether she cares about me or not. Orcs and Gnolls won't care about me, so I won't help both sides."

Iruril made a pondering face.

"Well, if I don't care about you, then I'm unrelated to you?"

"It's true in the current situation. Although we may become friends, you didn't help us, so we are still unrelated."

I handed the cup to her. Iruril who got the cup has very slender fingers. I also gave Karl a cup, Sanson punched my shoulder then took the cup. After Sanson took the cup, he began to stare at Iruril again. This guy will definitely screw up something.

Iruril is holding the cup with both hands, seems to be feeling the temperature of the cup. She moved her lips towards the cup and said:

"Then Huchi gave me this cup of tea, which means that you care about me. So I should treat you as a friend?"

Oh! It is too tough.

"If Miss Sereniel's heart has the same line as I do, it is possible."

"Please call me Iruril. So, seems even you think that I am an unrelated person, but in order to become friend with me, you offered me a hand."

"Well, isn't that the way to survive?"

"That if you offer your hand to the Gnolls or Orcs, then you would probably become friend with them too."

"Ah, ah, well, do you think when I offer my hand to them, they will definitely accept me as a friend?"

"Do you think that you gave me a cup of tea, then I'll treat you as my friend?"

"... I have no idea."

Even if I passed this question, don't know what she'll say next to make things difficult.

So in my first impression, I wrote down "Elf is absurd, a race which keeps teasing human.", and then began to drink the tea. Because my stomach is now warmed up, I feel a bit dozing.

A white face is presented behind Iruril's black hair, in the background of night it makes people feel strange. Her face is white and transparent, so it's difficult to focus your eyes to have a clear look at her. Karl then said:

"I don't know how you think, but your dialogue impressed me a lot."

Karl, as if listened to a conversation between me and Iruril representing the human race and the elf race, so he quietly observed in the perspective of a third party. That should be very interesting. Iruril whispered:

"It's very difficult to understand human."

"Because human is one of the few races which can follow Uphinel and Helkanes at the same time."

Iruril raised her head and looked at the night sky.

"I... I am not familiar with humans. In the past hundred and twenty years, I kept meeting humans, but now I still can't understand. Probably because of this, so my rank is still the same."

Wow, 120 years old! Elves seem to get old very slowly. But if I had lived for a hundred and twenty years, I could probably even understand slime. "You are a wriggling slime. You wriggle is very charming...."

Strange? Anyway, lived for so long, why can't she understand human? I finished the tea, covered myself with a blanket.

"(Yawn.) Children should sleep early. Sanson, sleepy?"

"No! Not at all. I'm fine."

I knew he would reply like that. I looked at Karl, he nodded.

"Then I'll sleep first. Wake me up for my night guard shift... (Yawn.)"

I drilled into the blanket. Karl continued to chat with that elf woman called Iruril. Sanson next to them is having his piercing eyes, staring at Iruril's lips. The dignity of our village is totally ruined by him! Karl said:

"I don't have confidence to understand Elf too."

"Oh?"

I didn't hear what Karl said next. I've gone into sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment