Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Friday, October 19, 2012

Chapter Two: The Difference Between a Kettle And a Brain (Pt.4)

Today's weather seems to be very good. The hot sun is burning my eyebrows.

"Huh?"

I rolled my blanket up and stood up. Sanson and Karl are sleeping in their blankets. What happened?

Nobody was actually night guarding, all of us went to sleep? But then I saw Iruril, she is sitting next to the extinguishing campfire. Iruril looked at the smoke of the campfire and said:

"You woke up?"

Iruril didn't look at me when she was speaking. I'm scared ans said:

"Ah, you helped us for the night shift, Iruril?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I heard that you couldn't sleep well for several nights because of the Orcs. "

"Ah... Thank you. "

"Am I your friend now, Huchi?"

I suddenly can't understand what she said, and scratched my head, then I remembered the dialogue last night. I suddenly felt very funny and chuckled, then walked to the campfire. When Iruril sits down, she doesn't seem to be taller than me much. Probably because her legs are too long.

"Yes. You are my friend."

"Then will you do something for me?"

Huh? Well, yes. I deliberately whack my palm with my fist to show her, and then said:

"Of course, if you care about me, you won't ask me to do something strange, so-called friends has always been this way, hasn't it?"

Sound a little cunning huh? Iruril looked at me and said:

"Then please go to wash your face."

"...Good."

I went down the cliff we slept on to a small valley to wash my face. Because the altitude is very high, so there are not many trees. In the middle of this plateau, a shallow stream draws a narrow crack on the plateau, calling it a valley is a bit strange. Autumn is deep now, the stream is cold to the point of biting. After I went back to the camping place, Karl and Sanson also woke up. Seeing both of them getting up, Iruril stood up and once again picked up the backpack next to her.

Sanson said hurriedly:

"Eh, you have to leave now?"

"Yes."

"No, why are you leaving so soon... We didn't eat breakfast... Although we don't know where your destination is, if we can travel together, that will be so much better..."

Sanson hurriedly stood up and said. Iruril looked at Sanson with a face without any expression or emotion.

"Travel together? Well, I don't have a horse."

"That why don't you ride with me?"

Iruril looked at Sanson confusedly, and Sanson showed a fainting face because of his words just now. I turned my head and chuckled.

"I don't want to cause you so much trouble."

Sanson because of making a mistake, he couldn't say anything from his mouth now. Iruril slightly nodded to me and Karl, then said:

"I Wish You a Pleasant Journey, Sunlight Always Accompanies Your Ears, Until the Sun Sets."

For this kind of anicent valedictory from Iruril, only Karl has the ability to answer.

"I Wish You a Safe Journey, Returns as if Departs, Beams with Joy."

Then Iruril turned away and left.

She went to touch each of our horses tied to a tree. The horses quietly stood there. Iruril then disappeared in the woods which has no road. We heard the sound of bushes and grass, Iruril's black hair was gone soon. A while later, we saw Iruril far on the hill, after she climbed over the hill, we could no longer see her.

"Why doesn't she walk on the road?"

After Iruril's figure completely disappeared, I said. Karl replied:

"Road is for human. Elves don't build roads."

"They don't build roads?"

Karl smiled and said:

"There is a saying: When an Elf walks in the forest, she becomes a tree; When a Man walks in the forest, he creates a trail. When an Elf looks up at the sky, she becomes a star; When a Man looks up at the sky, he creates constellations. These words illustrate the diversification of elves perfectly."

"Diversification?"

"Staying with an elf, the elf will become like that thing. Staying with a human, that thing will become like human. "

This sentence is really clever. Well, I haven't had such a good sleep for a long time(when you get woke up for the night shift, it's really a grind), and now I can feel that I am full of energy. I said:

"Then if an elf meets a human?"

"The elf will become very like human. So Sanson, your request just now was very rude."

Sanson blushed. He said:

"I, I don't know. In fact, Huchi and I can ride the same horse ..."

※ ※ ※

We kneaded some flour into dough, began to make scones on a pan. In order to keep some for lunch, we used a lot of flour. If there are some milk or eggs, the taste could be much better. But now we are living in the wild, we better not to be so pampered.

Karl only ate a little, I am the type of person who eat until getting tired, Sanson on the other hand is regardless of how much he ate, he won't get tired. When I was making the scones, Sanson was already picking up some of the scones and ate like a glutton.

"Leave me some Okay?"

"You fool. Why would you start eating only after all are toasted?"

Well, that's right. So I began to cook with one hand, and use another hand to grab the scones and eat. But I soon found that this method has a very big problem. That is, no matter how much I've made, there can't be anything left for our lunch.

Sanson and I realized that surprisingly, and Karl is looking at us with his deep eyes and smiling.

Sanson is still regretting what he had said.

"I should have just said Huchi'd ride with me..."

"Stop thinking about that, okay? It's already happened, what's the point of regretting? "

I grabbed more flour to knead, and asked them:

"About those Orcs, what are you going to do?"

"We already know where their location is, if we pretend not knowing and just walk over, I will feel very bad."

"So is there any way to solve it? Hey, don't touch! That's for lunch!"

Sanson insisted to pick one more into his mouth, revealed a pleased expression. But Carl looks upset and said:

"No way. We have missions, shouldn't go and risk our lives. This is not something that we can control. After we arrive the capital, I will report this to the defense ministers or influential individuals."

"But what about those people..."

"Although we feel very sorry, the Orcs would not arbitrarily abuse the craftsmen. And craftsmen don't often travel, so it's very difficult for the Orcs to catch more of them too, we can only be patient now, Percival. "

"Gee (Chewing sound), Yes!"

"Please clearly mark their location on the geography book, and write down the signs they said, so that when we reach the capital we can make a complete report."

"Sure!"

After breakfast, we set out. Haven't slept so well for a long time, so I feel really happy. But because we slept till so late, plus we spent so much time on making extra scones, we set out late. I began to whisper that Sanson is the one who makes us late, Sanson replied that we should able to pass through Hudyne Ridge in the afternoon, in the evening we can enter the village to rest, so he told us not to worry. Then he began to mutter again.

"I should have said Huchi'd ride with me..."

"Shut up!"

The place we slept last night looks like the boundary of a forest. When we are down to the lowlands, we gradually entered deep into a forest. Although this is just a mountain road, because it's an extension of the Central Avenue, so the road is smooth and wide. It is very suitable for horses, but because it's a bit steep, in order not to get the horses too tired, we are moving forward with a jogging speed. I've rode for several days, so I also started to get very familiar with horses.

Probably about a hour. We are around the height of rapid streams appear in valleys.

Wocha la la la!

I heard the strange noise, so I looked at Sanson. Sanson said:

"That is the Hudyne River. Because it's a jet stream in the valley, so it sounds loud, right? We have to cross the river."

"Jet stream? We don't cross a jet stream on a horseback, right?"

"Don't be nonsense. There is a bridge."

"Wait a minute! Let me guess. It was Hudyne Ridge, then Hudyne River, so the name of the bridge, should be Hudyne Bridge right?"

"Wrong. The Bridge of Dozen. "

"What? Dozen? What does this mean?"

"I don't know. That's what the geography book says."

So we ran toward the Bridge of Dozen in this confused situation. The closer we get, the louder the sound of rushing water becomes. Now it's even difficult to talk to the person next to you in an ordinary volume.

After a while, the trees which blocked our sight instantly all disappeared. We found a huge cliff appeared in front of us. However, our attention is not on the cliff, but the thing standing in front it, we are all shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment