Huchi, Sanson and Karl started their journey to the capital.

So the Magical Autumn of them begins...

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chapter One: Riding Towards the Dawn (Pt.23)

After a day of work, the adults sitting on the chairs in front of their houses, all widened their eyes greatly. The children in the village are screaming and running in, girls are clenching their hands, looking at us with surprised visions.

My body aches haven't been eliminated, even I'm sitting on the horseback, my whole body is still in pain. And the horse is also same as me. Sanson and I are riding the horses walking on the main road of the village.

"Wow! Noble Lady Jamini's Admirer Knights Huchi is riding!"

I made a miserable smile to the cheering villagers. My whole body is stiff, and I can't control my arms too. Then I saw Jamini who has a flower on her head, playing around with the children in the village. Ah! Really can't take her anymore. Jamini seemed to notice the noises here, turned her head, so the four eyes of us are intersecting.

"Wow!"

The villagers are cheering. They probably think that I'd be like in the stories, picking up Jamini and let her sit on the saddle, and then riding towards the sunset. But in fact I don't have this idea at all. Even if I really want to do this, I can't. Because my body's pain is almost killing me!

Jamini looked at me with astonished eyes, and then came up to me. The villagers originally stood between me and Jamini immediately retreated to both sides. God, these people's actions are really unified. Jamini hesitantly walked over, and then touched the horse's cheek.

"Really beautiful... What's its name?"

"Jamini."

Jamini (The human!) blushed, the villagers began chuckling. In fact she didn't know why I name the horse like this! Jamini with the red face didn't know what to do, looked around for a while, and then touched her head. Then she finally realized there is a flower on her head. Gosh, really stupid.

Jamini took this flower off, put it on the ear of the horse. Surprisingly, Jamini (The horse!) actually stood obediently there and let her put the flower on! How could there be such a guy? Then I found a frightening fact. That is when girls want to turn into another look, they can immediately turn. Jamini who was bouncing around with the village kids just now, now actually turned into some kind of saint, said with a very slim and elegant voice:

"A horse with the same name as me. I'll give you this flower, you have serve your master nicely."

The voice trembled a little, but it's very clear from the beginning to the end.

Then Jamini turned back and ran away. The villagers are cheering again, and I just want to pass away.

I almost got immediately arrested by these people to Sinderella's Song. If it's not Sanson, I would probably be drinking there all night. Sanson said there are a lot of things to be prepared, gently sent away the villagers swarmed around us, I finally managed to escape from there.

Sanson went into the grocery store, asked the boss for the things we need. Tools like bags and ropes on horses, oil lamps, a few bowls, flint and ignition device, needle and thread, knives, iron bars, and a tripod for cooking, kettles, three large buckets... It will take forever to name them all. Anyway, we tied and put all these things on my horse, Sanson's horse, and the horse of Karl that we brought along. And then I followed Sanson to his home.

Blacksmith Joyce didn't say anything, just gave us an oil lamp, pots and pans, knives and hand axes, and gave us some plasters and herbs. Then Sanson's mother gave us some kelp, bacon, flour, corn flour, salt, pepper... Why am I naming them again? Anyway she gave us this kind of stuff. We put these categorized things on the horseback.

Sanson's mother asked me to stay at her home for dinner and sleep for the night, but I declined. Because I still want to tidy up my home a little bit, and I should nail the door, and lots of other things to do. The most important thing is, I want to have a good sleep in my own house today. So I am riding on Jamini, began to go back to my home.

I had stayed in the castle for the past several days, returning home after this long period, it should be quite deserted. Anyway, just take a sleep tonight, going to depart on tomorrow morning, so I don't want to clean up much. Maybe just make a fast dinner, eat and then go to sleep will be fine.

But when I went near my home, I was shocked.

The lamp is lit.

Is that father? No. Father was captured by Amurtaat. I got off from my horse, tied it and pulled out my bastard sword, and went close to my house. Perhaps my father escaped? Although I don't believe that will be the case, soldiers should first go back to the castle. Is that a thief?

Not possible. There is nothing to steal in my home, and in fact there is no thief such kind of characters in our village. A thief probably will not go to such a ghastly place like our village to do business.

So, is that a tramp nearby found that here's empty, so ran into it? This is possible. Our house is quite remote, plus I'm not here for a few days, the atmosphere looks very like an empty house.

"You're a dead. Watch how I finish you."

I'm sneaking up to my house, and then went close to the door. I'm ready to kick the door and rush in, but the door suddenly opened.

"Ah! Hey, Jamini? Uhhhhh!"

Gosh, really awful! Jamini opened the door, and then splashed water, that was all splashed on me. This stupid girl, actually didn't see me standing outside in the dark, and didn't notice me until she splashed all the water in the pot.

"Ah! Huchi, What are you doing here?"

"This question should be asked me!"

"That ask!"

"Uh! Jamini, what are you doing here?"

Don't know why, I feel like I am an idiot. Jamini giggled, then immediately handed me a towel hanged on the wall. I smiled, took off the hard leather, then wiped my body, and then began to rub my armor. Gosh, My hard leather! But this girl, what did she actually do in someone else's home?

"What are you doing here?"

"Preparing dinner! I heard that you are going to the capital tomorrow? Therefore I want to make something tasty for you."

"... You have just washed me, now you can chop me into pieces?"

"Oi, Huchi! You should go to take a bath!"

I stood up and muttered.

"Thank you so much."

"If it's not me, who else will help you to prepare these?"

I smiled, and went outside. Just got splashed by the water, took off my shirt and immediately went outside, so my body is shivering. Oh! Really cold. I deliberately waved my arms, and then went to the bucket nearby and began washing my body.

Ahchooo, ah, so cold.

I generally took the bath, and then went to the woods, brought the other Jamini who was tied back.

Oops, there's actually no place that I can be tie a horse around my house? I worried for a while, and first I unloaded all the things on the horseback, then I found a long rope, tied to the horse's rein, then carried it to the workshop. Because the rope is long enough, if it gets hungry it can go outside finding grass to eat, it can also drink water when it's thirsty.

※ ※

I suddenly envy the Jamini eating grass outside so much, but in order to keep my manner, I said to the Jamini in front of me:

"Thank you, I'm full. It's really a pleasant meal."

This is not a bad thing that someone make a farewell party for me when I leave the village. Even this person's cooking skill is bad enough, but I should be very grateful on her sincerity alone, shouldn't I?

Jamini told me to scoop some water for her, then began washing up the dishes. Well, she looks ridiculously beautiful at the moment. I have to stop thinking this, so I picked up a grindstone, began to grind my sword. Blacksmith Joyce has sharpened it very well, so there is no need to spend much time to grind it. This kind of daily grind, is to prevent it from rusting, and its life can be extended.

Then Jamini was like recalled something, patted her hands.

"Hey! Huchi, don't you feel bothered holding this sword with your hands and running around?"

"Huh? What, I have to do that."

"But you can't travel like this. Let me see... Do you have any leather band or spare belt?"

I tilted my head, went to the workshop and picked a leather band over. Jamini immediately came up with a needle and thread, started making a belt tying on my scabbard.


Damn. She is so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment